Will a Scythe Ninja Fit on a nF4 SLI-DR Expert with RAM in Both Orange

alright so what will? because i need an upgrade

Any ram with conventional heat spreaders.

nd why edit the picture with the dimensions from my post?

Because the rules do not state maximum image size is 1042x503.

Any ram with conventional heat spreaders.

well i'm not going to change me ram, i was asking what heatsink will work.. ie.. SI-128, Scythe Infinity, etc etc..

Because the rules do not state maximum image size is 1042x503.

do not? well whatever you meant to say, you guys should into an auto-resizing script for the forums.. it'll cut down on mod time and be one less rule for people to have to remember.. thanks for the help so far

The Ninja fits just fine on my Expert, but since my case is tight on the front half, I can't fit the fan there and blow through the HS, but instead it sits on the first stick of RAM on a chunk of silicone to damp the vibrations. It doesn't look to me that any RAM should have a problem fitting, but I'm not going to argue with Praz cause he probably has first-hand experience. Love the Ninja, though!

EDIT- you could probably just use a Dremel and trim the bottom fin or two on the Ninja to get it to clear- after seeing how well this thing works, I'd try just about anything to get it to fit before choosing another HS. My $.02

Double-EDIT: I second the idea of an auto-resizer- if the image is larger than forum rules, it will shrink to the max size allowed, if it is the same or smaller it leaves it alone. That would help everyone without their own server or ImageShack to get stuff up easily.

Yeah, Praz, I was sure that was the problem. Like I said, if you're not afraid of trimming the lower fin or two, it will fit, and I'm sure the minimal area you'd have to remove would really impact the cooling anyways. It is a tighly-sprung fitting though, getting it to clip onto the socket retention took a good amount of pressure on the clip. I'd try to get it to fit, anyways.

Guest Retratserif

What about a Thermalright 120 SI, "not the xp" with a good Delta or Panaflo fan? That should do the trick.

thanks for the info guys.. i started looking into the Thermalright SI-128 and a Scythe 4710KL-04W-B19-V54 120, 1600RPM, 64CFM, and 27 dBA..

a forum member has a SI-128 on the same board with redlines.. what do you guys think of that fan, is that enough to replicate the SI-128 review results all over the net? i may even upgrade all my case 120s to that Scythe as they're all stock lian li fans.. what do u guys think?

Nekon,

I got your PM and I guess that my info was wrong about what heatsink I am using on the Ultra-D. I am using the Redlines, but with a Thermalright XP-120. I should get around to changing this info tonight or tomorrow...sorry for the confusion.

P.S.

You must install the Mem first then plop the sink on...kinda a PITA!

Nekon,

I got your PM and I guess that my info was wrong about what heatsink I am using on the Ultra-D. I am using the Redlines, but with a Thermalright XP-120. I should get around to changing this info tonight or tomorrow...sorry for the confusion.

P.S.

You must install the Mem first then plop the sink on...kinda a PITA!

it's ok, and i appreciate you getting back to me. i purchased a SI-128 and the Scythe 120 fan i spoke of earlier. I went over the dimensions and noticed it's a bit higher then the _ _ -120 heatsinks.. I think it should fit just fine, and I'll post results when I get everything together. thanks again.