Mobo sound...."toc...toc...toc.."

Apologies for starting a new thread even though this is related to the problem I've been having in my other threads but I just need a short sweet answer.....

Does anyone experience a "tocking" sound coming from theie DFI Infinity UltraII- M2 on boot up? It sounds like a rather faint "....toc....toc....toc" coming from somewhere in the upper right hand corner of the board, near the cpu. It usually "tocks" about 3 times whenever I boot up just before the first display is shown. It also happens repeatedly when my I lose signal to the monitor or get a crash to black screen (just a couple of the problems I have)

I just need to know if this sound is normal so I can eliminate it as a possible symptom of the major issues I'm having. BTW it is definately NOT the hdd's. The sound is there is I have both, or one or the other connected and it is not coming from them.

Yeah no worries- just haven't had a board that made that sound before. I now realised it comes from the via host controller chip or whatever it is. The one to the right of the pci slots.

I was hoping it'd help to solve my issues

I see you have a pretty similar set up to me. How come I'm getting all the problems?????

I'd blame your ram, most folk on here seem to think the sun shines out the back of OCZ's butt, but I saved for ages to finally buy some and got severely let down.

Maybe it wasn't OCZ's fault entirely as there was some confusion in the early AM2 and ddr2 settings but I saw a lot of problems with them elsewhere.

You should also try a 9x cpu multi, got on a lot better with that than 10.

yeh my mobo does that too. i thought it was the hard drive and was about to take it out to rma it. butwithout the hard drive the toc sound was there. tink it is from the pc internal little speaker coz wen it does the POST and u hold down the bottom arrow button, it still makes the sound continuously so its no a thing to worry about

I was thinking it's the built in speaker (on the mainboard). It also makes the beep on boot up? Because I don't have a case speaker and with this board I'm hearing the beeping :)