Paperclips and PSU's?

Fatal2bU

After a week of waiting, I got my Swiftech H2O Ultra watercooling kit and I'm almost ready to pour the mixture in there. I read the manual and it says I'll need to short my PSU on pins 13 and 15 if I remember correctly with a paper clip in order to give the pump power without starting the system up.

Any dangers in this, shocks and such?

I assume the I/O switch on the PSU at this point will power it up and down as needed.

Tips?

Thanks in advance

You PSU is very strong and probably has a under load protection! That means that it won’t start up without any load on it! You need to connect a hard drive or two and the DVD drive to it before shorting the wires and firing it up! You can see the instruction on how to do it in one of the links in my sig. I got a old 350W PSU to do it since I don’t like to mess with my regular PSU! The old once don’t need any load on it as well so it is a little bit simpler! :)

I didn't jump the PSU. I got a molex extension cord and attached the pump connected to all my watercooling stuff, to a second system. It was on a towel so I could check leaks.

I plugged it in for a second, unplugged, filled more water, and continued.

I didn't jump the PSU. I got a molex extension cord and attached the pump connected to all my watercooling stuff, to a second system. It was on a towel so I could check leaks.

Sweet... thanks for the tip

An even easier thing, if you have the cabling is..

Get a fan controller. They take 3 pin fans. Use 3 pin to 4 pin for the pump. Plug the pump in, and turn knob to 12v.. then when it's running dry, turn it down to 0, and run water. then turn to 12 again.

I did it the ghetto way when testing my loop, I just sucked the water up through the pump (with mouth) then switched it on lolol.