Athlon X2 4400+

paul9619

Hi all,

I have the components detailed in my sig below.

I currently have my 4400 X2 running at 2500Mhz, HTT- 250, Multiplier x10,

My case temps are as follows:

Idle CPU - 33 Degrees, PWMIC - 44, NF4 - 46

Load CPU - 46 Degrees, PWMIC - 55, NF4 - 49

Have I got enough room for more overclocking?????

I am unsure how the RAM/CPU divider works??

Welcome to the Street

Temps are fine more overclocking they will go up. Direct a fan onto the PWMIC area and thing about changing the stock chipset cooler to a Do you run air

A good chipset replacement one is the Evercool VC-RE. It’s quieter and a lot of people get a 5ºC - 10ºC drop in temp. Use AS5 when installing the new one.

Where to buy a Evercool VC-RE in the UK

Other options;

For maximum cooling you can go into the BIOS, under PC Health Status and set the:

“CPUfan Fully On…” > 26ºC

and

“NB Fan Fully On…” > 40ºC

Basically this will set the fans to full speed (RPM). If the throttling or noise is to loud adjust the temp up a bit or put your fans on a fan controller.

This is a very good thread by soundx98; Temps Too High? on keeping Pulse-Width Modulation Integrated Circuit (PWMIC) and the MOSFET cool.

Welcome to the fourm :)

man i love my JingTing...never hits 35 lol... *ehm but anyway, there are space issues that can go on and on.... Go with the Evercool, its good ;)

u defintely have some room... but u might wanna read the overclocking guide first:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823

to get an idea on the whole memory divider n stuff....

in a nutshell, it will divide the cpu's HTT to accommodate running the memory in a different speed...

i.e. by default, the divider is at 1/1 or 200Mhz... this will give the memory the same speed at ur CPU's HTT. taking ur own machine, 250x10 with a 1:1 divider will let the memory runs at 250x1/1=250 :) being DDR, it will go at 2x250=500Mhz :D

now if u wanna raise that HTT into, say, 300 :), u dont want the 1:1/200Mhz ratio, u want, say, the 150Mhz ratio (which is..umm 5/6 if im not mistaken) to keep the memory at 300x5/6=250Mhz still :) (ah yes, it is 5/6 then lol)

g'luck ;)

ps: oh yes, since ull be shopping for a new chipset cooler, may i interest u in a better CPU cooler as well? :)