BIOS color scheme questions...

I'm not sure which forum this would belong in so feel free to move it if need be.

OK, I'm running a Visiontek x1300 512 AGP card on my LP NF2 B. My question is this:,

My basic BIOS color scheme is fine, blue background, white text etc. No problems. But if I try to use the "Full Screen Logo" option, which should display the Lanparty logo full screen, the color pallete appears to be corrupted, as most of the logo is grey. I also notice this same effect when trying to boot from Tmods BIOS and Tools CD. Lots of grey, and the background text appears to have severe color corruption.

Any ideas on how I might fix this? Or any idea how I might get a screen shot of this so I could post a picture to show you folks?

Thanks.

Well that figures. I don't imagine there is any work-around for this?.

No there is'nt i'm afraid. Even in the NF4's it was only fixed at the last bios update. There won't be any more official bios releases for the NF2, so we will just have to stick with it.

So it's really a BIOS color palette problem, not the video card, right? I can live with it, I was just curious to find out if it was just me, or if everyone had this problem. Thanks to everyone for the input.

So it's really a BIOS color palette problem, not the video card, right? I can live with it, I was just curious to find out if it was just me, or if everyone had this problem. Thanks to everyone for the input.

Presumably...dunno what causes it but it certainly isn't isolated to just you. Both X1800's I had did it, as well as an X1600.

After a little bit of looking around every motherboard manufacturer that I ran across has had to update the motherboard bios to deal with this issue.

So it seems to be a problem that ATI introduced but the motherboard manufacturers had to solve.

It doesn't look as though anything I can do to my CD will correct this problem

Sorry but I don't know what the manufacturers are updating in the bios to fix this problem for the NF2 owners.

Tmod

Bummer... How about changing the CD backgrounds to something simpler, like basic blue or black background with white text? And put out as a special edition for those of us unfortunate enough to have this problem?. (I'd miss the bling, but at least I'd be able to read all the text).

(I'd be willing to test it all out) :)

I'm sure DFI will never produce another BIOS for these NF2's as they are already at their EOL. And getting ATI/AMD to release a firmware upgrade that would actually fix this problem... well, let's just say doubtful.

Thanks for looking into it!

Glenn

Bummer... How about changing the CD backgrounds to something simpler, like basic blue or black background with white text? And put out as a special edition for those of us unfortunate enough to have this problem?. (I'd miss the bling, but at least I'd be able to read all the text).

(I'd be willing to test it all out) :)

I'm sure DFI will never produce another BIOS for these NF2's as they are already at their EOL. And getting ATI/AMD to release a firmware upgrade that would actually fix this problem... well, let's just say doubtful.

Thanks for looking into it!

Glenn

I am going to try a few things before I abandon the idea about getting it to work with the x1300.

If that fails then yes I can create a ATI friendly version for all that suffer from this problem.

EDIT: You should have a link in your mail for the first in a series of test cd's.

Tmod

Mirage,

Are you running a LCD monitor?

If you are running a LCD are you using the DVI cable or the analog cable?

Tmod

Hmmm some interesting reading out there on this problem.

I checked out Sapphire and they put a new bios out that solves the problem.

Look Here

I wonder why Visiontek doesn't have anything out for this problem.

Tmod

Ok, I'll check my email and burn a cd and test it out when I get home.

I'm running a standard CRT type monitor.

As to why Visiontek doesn't have a bios update out, I don't know. I'm going to go out to the Visiontek site and see if I can talk to the tech rep there, he's been good about answering my questions in the past and maybe he has a BIOS update that they just don't make public.

I'm a little surprised that Saphire does, especially with the low and medium range cards. I've heard rumors that the x1900 series doesn't have this problem but all prior x1k series suffer the same effect. But very few people ever notice it in the real world, we're all working a little outside the box here.

I really appreciate your support, I know this is a minor issue that could easily be solved by just ignoring it. Thanks.