Spare rig

catkicker

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kicker, you may want to rethink that one. I have been following the forum posts regarding the Monsoon. From what the rep has said on this forum, the fan is somewhat proprietary in the way it works with the TEC unit. The TEC unit seems to control the fan speed. When asked if the unit could be modded for a different fan, the rep seemed to indicate that that would not be a good thing to do.

As long as the replacement fan is 92 xmm x 25 mm and is similar in specs. (RPM's, CFM's) there should be no issues with the performance of the monsoonII. However the fans does not have your typical 3 pin connector so you need to get a different 3 pin connector for the replacement fan to plug in to the control unit.

PS. Nice case. I just ordered one from SVC after reading Happy's post about his rebuild for Momma. Nice sale on the case at SVC with rebate. I'm planning on building a 2nd pc for my wife and I'm trying to make as quiet and powerful as possible.

I like these coolermaster cases. For awhile I was into big cases, sort of nice to have a smaller case.

Finally with sometime off this week I can get this rig put togather. I had a unexpected issue come up. I had a 160gig HD I was going to use, when I tested it in my other computer it would not work. the bios saw it but would not boot, it hung at DMI pool verifying or whatever the hell it says. Well I took a look at the HD and theres a pin missing. how the hell a pin fell out I don't know, so scratch one 160 gig HD and welcome a shiny new Seagate 250 gig perpindicular recording sata 3.0 So if work will leave me alone tomarrow for atleast a few hours I can get started on it.

by the way my very bright red LED fans came for the case:)

I like the Elite case and the only problem I found with it is it won't fit my 120x38 fan in front.

Tmod

Theres a good chance I will remove the HD bays And mout the HD in a 5.25 bay

So 120mm fan instal in the front should go fine.

Theres a good chance I will remove the HD bays And mout the HD in a 5.25 bay

So 120mm fan instal in the front should go fine.

A 120x25 fan will fit fine in the front.

It's just that extra 13mm that kills me.

Tmod

Wow.. to think my idea of a spare rig is this junk.

It's my DVR, my router, and my spare. I compiled fluxbox on it incase I ever need to give it a GUI. :)

I would like to have a full spare computer. Right now, I have minimal, generic spare parts, and a few I'd have to steal from that machine, but that's it.