Four solid LED's No Post - Nada

I'm thinking about sending it outside the window 2 stories to the concrete grounding.

This item should still be under manufacturers warranty (2 yrs??) If this board is dead, will DFI ship me a new one or how do they typically go about it? Anyone know if there's a cost involved?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just purchased a DFI Lanparty SLI-DR Expert off eBay
This item should still be under manufacturers warranty (2 yrs??) If this board is dead, will DFI ship me a new one or how do they typically go about it? Anyone know if there's a cost involved?

From a previous post:

eBay boards do not qualify for any DFI warranty...

RGone...:confused:

The cost involved will be you buying a new board as you have no warrenty from DFI. Maybe contact whoever you bought the board from on eBay?

I included a pic of where I plug power into. In addition to the power I have:

1. CPU + heatsink & fan

2. CMOS Battery

3. CCMOS jumper on NORMAL

With just those installed shouldn't the LEDs get past detecting the CPU and halt on 3 LEDs?

mobo.jpg

Have you checked your CMOS Battery Voltage with a DMM? It should be @3.0 vdc. If you have a dead CMOS battery and a corrupt BIOS file the problem you are having is what I could expect.

If you still have your old board why not install CPU and Fan with one stick of RAM along with PSU and keyboard and find out if

A) your CPU is OK

B)your RAM is OK

You can perform the above test with the MOBO on a table without a case.

Your alternative is to take your system to a known reputable computer shop and let them do it. They will have a spare CPU and RAM to aid in troubleshooting your problem but probably will not do it for free. Why not ask one of your LANPARTY buddies if you can plug your CPU in their system to verify its state. There are many was to Rome. Be creative.:)

I included a pic of where I plug power into. In addition to the power I have:

1. CPU + heatsink & fan

2. CMOS Battery

3. CCMOS jumper on NORMAL

With just those installed shouldn't the LEDs get past detecting the CPU and halt on 3 LEDs?

mobo.jpg

4 led's = fubared bios, hence why Praz told you too clear the bios, did you follow the guide exactly, sometimes it takes a long 72hours,,,,,,,basically you gotta get your bios to clear,,,,,if its a no go then your only other option i think is another bios rom.....

Logan

I fixed my fubar-ed ASUS AN7X-X by reseating the BIOS chip. The board was doing squat, including brief CPU fan spin ups. You can use either the tool that was supposed to be in the box or a paper clip to gently remove the CMOS and then reseat it paying close attention to the orientation dot on the socket and the SST chip. Look in the BIOS Factory thread for specific info on how to do this. After all, you have no warranty anyway. I would fight to get my money back from the guy on ebay, unless you bought the thing for $20.00. If so, now you know why it was so cheap!! LOL