Question for RDX-200 users

was considering buying this board for a deal, was wondering what the highest stable FSB is usually.

read some reviews saying this board can't overclock past 260 HTT or so, which is just not enough for me. I usually like to be able to test a cpu to its max.

Just wondering if there is any truth to this, or has a newer bios fixed the issue or wut.

appreciate any input :)

Guest caffeinejunkie

Well every board is different so it's hard to just say "all rdx200 only hit 260". Really I dont know where you've heard that because my board right now is at 300x9 fully stable and when I was playing around with max fsb I got it up to 385 before I got tired and decided to take a break.

well, thats good to know. im not expecting an answer like "all are only stable till". just trying to get a decent idea of the breaking point. thanks for the input. :)

anyone else can vouch for the same?? if so, i know im safe pickin one up.

OH, also, i see mem voltage can be taken up to 4v. does that mean there is a 4v jumper like the NF4 series board, and that mosfet on teh corner that gets REALLY hot, or does it work differently on this board???

thanks!

Guest caffeinejunkie

Same mosfet but no jumper. It ramps straight up to 4v in the bios. As far as others with 300+fsb results go check out the ocdb because I believe theres a few people with 3ghz 165s (so thats at least 334mhz) on this board.

Guest caffeinejunkie

Well actually I had yet to feel the one on my RDX200 yet but I just did and it's a tad warm to the touch. My temp probe puts it at about 32c but thats idle and Im only putting 2.6v through my HZs.

Guest MadDias

260MHz isn´t the limit of this board ;)

i´m running mine 24/7 @312MHz (with my ocdb settings)

334x9 is possible for me, but very unstable and i don´t think it´s because of the mobo... it´s more the cpu not liking the 150MHz divider

I have used both a ultra-d and a rdx200 motherboard. The ultra-d clocked further, but only when the multi was dropped. ultra-d got to over 400 on my venice.

The rdx i have has been tested upto 330mhz. On the mosfet note, with my overclocked toledo, they got to around 75c and when voltages above 1.6v were used, the whole system would slow down. On the rdx200 and the same settings, and makes 60c n the mosfets.

Overall i am decided to stick with the rdx200. More settings, cooler temps, and seems manage slighly higher clocks at the same votage, compared to my ultra-d

- Paul