Weird random bootup pixels?

laserred

Upon bootup, there are maybe 5-10 random pixels that are solid green, blue, or red, scattered about the screen. If I refresh the screen, or move something over that spot, they disappear and I never see another "stuck" pixel until I reboot again. All of the stuff in my sig is less than 3 weeks old, any ideas?

Have you installed any PC Games yet? Are they running fine if you have already, if not i think you really should install a game and run it to see if something is overheating/corrupted (Hardware Wise) or is it a bad windows install? How are you settings in the Bios, be more detailed....

CPU= HT, Multiplier, Voltage....

Memory= Speed, Timing, voltage....

Hardware disabled or enabled??? Memtest86?

I haven't run Memtest yet, but all the settings are in auto as far as voltage and speed, along with the GPU. Memory is set at 2.5-3-3-8. Floppy, serial, parallel, game port, and sata are all disabled in BIOS. Like I said, after the screen refreshes, there are no random pixels, just on initial bootup into Windows. Runs Aquamark fine, nVidia control panel shows 44-46*C at idle when the random pixels pop up. 7900GT at stock 470/1.37 settings.

Dude, I have (almost) the same problem! The only difference that my pixels are white and "active", meaning they jump and jitter over various parts of the screen. But it only happens during boot-up and while in the BIOS screen. Games run just fine with no problems whatsoever.

(Disclaimer: I by no means intend to 'hijack' this thread. If anyone feels I am (hijacking), please let me know before you report/diss/do anything. I dont want to create multiple posts on one and the same topic (potentially), so I wanted to try here first. It's too bad some people feel compelled to act as 'vigilante' making it difficult for the rest of us to ask for help/support others.)

I figured out what it was.... I had the overclocking in RivaTuner enabled, and when I unchecked it, even when I manually overclocked the card to the same levels, the pixels were gone. So it was some conflict between RT and the card.... thanks though!