Replacement chipset fan?

skenzer

Hi all,

I have had it with the chipset fan that is on my NF4 SLI-DR motherboard! :mad:

It's getting under my skin with the noise it's making. Are there any replacements available out there that will work well when the graphics card is located in the PCI-e slot and covering the fan?

I've seen some third party coolers but it doesn't seem like any of them would work well with a PCI-e card installed in the slot right next to the cooler.

Anybody have any suggestions? or experience with this? any pics you can share?

Thanks

skenz

Have a look here for the passive solution from Thermalright: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...chipset+passive

A very good solution if it will fit in your case. How/If you can orient it depends on your videocard & CPU cooler (I don't have the answer for your particular setup, but there are lots of people commenting on how it worked for their combination, someone might have already done it). I just got one and can't wait to stick it in and chuck the stock fan.

I have a similar issue, have a gigabyte 7800gtx 256mb that spans over my chipset, covering it completely. The fan stopped working and I need to replace it, I am thinking I will try the evercool since the thermalright looks kinda excessive, then again it is a passive solution and silence makes me happy:)