New Opty 165

Slagathor

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been pushing this opty for the past week and found that 327*9 is possible . Getting there, I had to get my memory timings straight. There were a few different combos that worked but only up to 263~264. I ended up running with the same RAM setting as Praz.:rolleyes: Which also allowed me to run on a 166 divider.:nod: This might not be the limit but I'll live with it for now. OCDB

Thats the only setting I don't think I've tried to change. Thought I've read to keep it at 1T using 2 sticks and 2T only if running 4sticks. Now that I look there are a few people running 2T on 2x 1G. Well I guess what ever works, run with it ~ 3G @ <1.5V nice, compared to my 2.94 @ 1.63V

I have that exact same stepping and its stable at 3ghz with 1.488v. With the rig in my sig

I can't get passed 323~324 without upping my volts > 1.55. I can boot into windows at 334> but can't pass dual prime. That’s great if your stable at 3G's @ 1.488, gives me more incentive. What’s your vcore and special set at. Let’s see an OCDB entry otogrim.

Yeah.. I'm priming it right now while I'm at work , but after reading the rules, I should be running two instances of prime95 instead of orthos so I'm going to have to redo that later. Can't tell you the vcore off the top of my head but I'll let you know when I get home.

Sounds good, maybe I will have to change some setting and keep at it. I kindof figured I found my CPU's max. I'm going to test at some lower volts and see, although I tried this before and didn't have any luck. I've messed with the memory and found that different timings allowed me to have higher OC's but I'm not sure what I'm doing when it come to the RAM (alot of reading, guessing, testing on my part).

Have you tried isolating the issue. You can drop the multi on the ram and see just how high your cpu will get, If it surpasses what you are at now then its probably going to be the ram you need to tweak

Yep, I tried lower dividers and was only able to hit 325*9. I haven't really tried after I've change timings. Well I tried 329*9 and fail dual prime at 4 hours, this was on a 150 divider. I have seen some timings effect how high I can OC and this depends on what divider I'm using also. I'm really a noob so everyday is a learning experience.

mrelder - Welcome to the Street.