New Opty 165

Slagathor

Well, I tried to find the CPU max last night. I found that @ 334*9, I can run all test (3dmarks, OCCT, Pi 32) but the instant I push the start button for P95 it fails, both cores. It will run at 324*9 with my temps at around 39~40C core #1-47C #2-45C. I did dual P95 @ 326*9 1.61V and core #1 lasted 8h44m and #2 lasted only 2h52m. I dropped my volts some and started again with the 324*9. I'll update my OCDB with some higher clocks whenever I get some. :eek2:

Has anyone experienced, where you can pass all tests with out a problem and then have P95 fail instantly on both cores. All the excitement goes away. :sad:

P.S. Where'd my sig go?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a few changes I'm now dual prime 329*9 @ 1.55V. This was a point where I've failed within minuntes before. So I think I might have the answer to my own question. Sorry I'm still a learning. Its been only 45mins run time we'll see where it ends up. :rolleyes:

What did you exactly do to make it last for so long? I am on the same boat, I tried 1.55V at 325*9 and it fails within a few seconds, sometimes minutes... the funny thing is I made it to 3 hours before, I guess I changed something and then it started going downhill. So again, what did you exactly do to make it last longer?

I changed a few RAM timings. I was tring to run somethings in auto and didn't have any luck when I change the divider, again I checked the OCDB and found a couple setting others were using. Changed my Tref from 1296 to 3120 and lowered my MAL and RPT to 10ns and 8.5ns. This also let me lower my vcore alittle to 1.58V (bios) 1.55V (everest). I still was able to prime at 329*9 for only 50mins (it fail right after i posted) but still an improvement. I am now dual priming a 324*9 @ 1.58V.

With the changes to the memory I'm now able to dual prime at 325*9 and the volts are quite a bit higher ~ 1.59V (bios). I might be able to lower the vcore some to reach these clocks. I'm not real familiar with this memory or dual cores, so it’s been a fun and new experience so far. The progress is nice but I might be getting close to the processors max or my memory still needs to be tweaked. Only time will tell.

I wasn’t sure about editing my OCDB entry every time I got a better clock so I’ll wait and post my final results. Here’s a screen shot of Dual Prime, CPU-Z, Everest, 3dmark01 SS

Well here's the best i can do so far on this new Opty165

http://www.xanadu2.net/satan666/temps-new-Opty.png

Looks like you nabed a good one. There's a few 3G's entries all ready with that stepping. Hope you can join them :drool:

I'm now stable at 325*9 @ 1.59Vcore and 266Mhz @ 2.58V RAM. I've made hugh changes to the memory, thx to all that ocdb - it helps me out a ton. I am happy to reach this point but have an addiction to upping MHz, so I'll push and tweak and see if there's more. I need to lower my volts and test there, cause my temps are right under 50C.

Looks like you nabed a good one. There's a few 3G's entries all ready with that stepping. Hope you can join them :drool:

I'm now stable at 325*9 @ 1.59Vcore and 266Mhz @ 2.58V RAM. I've made hugh changes to the memory, thx to all that ocdb - it helps me out a ton. I am happy to reach this point but have an addiction to upping MHz, so I'll push and tweak and see if there's more. I need to lower my volts and test there, cause my temps are right under 50C.

Well I finally got it to 2.8Ghz. I just set everything to auto in bios. It defaulted my G.Skill PC4000 HZ to 3-3-3-7-2T. 312x9. CPU voltage set to auto, shows up 1.32 in bios. Hopefully be shooting for 2.9Ghz soon. Will put up some screenies soon. :angel:

I might hit 327*9, ran this last night for a few hours then stopped and went higher . I've tried for more and just can't seem to get it to prime. Not bad though 327*9 on a 166 divider (DDR533), I can't complain - fastest rig I've had.