What's Best Chipset Drivers for nF3 250(754)?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the 8.22 remix and never had issues. Can't say I saw any real improvement over the 5.10 either.

it seemd to do fine for me. the 9.35(x64) seemd better(in some programs/games). but i didnt notice any significant changes between 8.22 & 9.34... that's one of the reasons why i'm here trying to see if is anyone noticed/epirianced any significant +'s or -'s & what seems to work best(over all).

Thank You for Your Time & Shareing

5.10 are the most stable ones. Never had problems with them. It's very sad Nvidia has the shittiest drivers ever.

As compared to ????

VIA drivers that always seemed to have conflicts with creative drivers? Overall, I've found that all companies have good and bad drivers. I guess that's why they have updates every so often.

5.10 are the most stable ones. Never had problems with them. It's very sad Nvidia has the shittiest drivers ever.

i have other nvidia bords (not plugging other comapnies outside of DFI) that do very well with nvidia drivers.

granted, with any system/chipset/OS/Platform/motherbord/CPU/ect/ect/blah/blah....

different driver combinations run better then others.

what i do respect alot. are companies that will test & modify drivers to come up with the best running set to support their product/item.

not all motherbord companies do this (there are a some that do). many vidio card companies do. some really care & show pride in makeing sure their consumers are getting the very best out of the product.

ALOT, really dont give a dam & just want to pump out MORE product, for people to 'Keep Buying MORE' ($$$).

sad but real

As compared to ????

VIA drivers that always seemed to have conflicts with creative drivers? Overall, I've found that all companies have good and bad drivers. I guess that's why they have updates every so often.

very good point

I recall some past threads (...somewhere on the net...) regarding bad network controllers on these boards and people had network controllers that simply died on them. That said....I use the 5.10 and trying anything else frags my system...actually I still get hard windows crashes (x64) when messing the the current internet connection in the control panel sometimes....I'd like to try the remix drivers though and see what happens. My feeling is that no matter what drivers you try, some of these boards have deep design flaws that may not be solved but partially remedied with the best set of drivers. I don't ever install the SW IDE driver but I think the IDE drivers are installed BY Windows, and are labled Nvidia 250 etc. IIRC You don't have to explicity install IDE drivers do you? It's been a while...and I do remember claims to the effect that Nvidia IDE drivers could corrupt data but I was thinking that was just SW IDE stuff to blame.

DC

This is the only nVidia board I have, and the first motherboard that I know I have no choice but to use only one version of drivers (5.10) or I'll have problems. If it's not the ethernet it's the IDE driver. Drivers are poor, and you'd expect a wider range of available 100% stable drivers. It's not my experience only, but all the LP3 250Gb's owners. I don't have 4 computers, just this one and I use it 24/7, so my concern for drivers and stability should be founded, right?

i run my 250 for a year and a half 24/7 mad dog clocked never ever had a problem with the 510 drivers just dont install the drivers for raid if your not useing raid and dont install the sw ide driver do not use the net work install or the fire wall software