RAM question , G.Skill -> OCZ

cybervicke

Hey Mates! Long time ago!

Im going to replace my 1gb set of G.Skill in Christmas to 2gb set.

Im thinking OCZ will this be good for me?

: Special Ops XTC Series Kit - 2x1024 MB, PC3200 DDR400, CAS 2.5-3-3-8 - OCZSOE4002GK

Are they going to be good on my NF4-D ?

I believe it is that "camo" looking heatspreader. I am sure that OCZ should be fine for your board.

You might get a better overclock with DDR500 memory though and the 2 choices loggan26 listed are good ones.

What do you have your machine clocked at? I've just read that it's possible for these modules to do DDR488 (HTT 244@1/01) from a link on the OCZ Home Page over to TechSpot. Obviously, your mileage may vary...

Looks like they've only backed the timings off to 3-3-3-8@1T to get there, and the review seems quite complimentary... Have a read on the reviews on the OCZ home and see what i mean? Mind you, you know what these marketing boobs are like... ;o)

That said, i can't help but recommend my Mushkins which are just ace. They are spec'ed to do DDR500 at stock, and are just a dream... OCZ do similar PC4000 memory too, which i've heard good things about, but haven't had a chance to use up close and personal...

yepp its that Camo looking heatspreader but im really considering them.

I havent my system @ overclock right now.

but i dont now if i will overclock i mostly game BF2 and such.

Just need 2gb and i like OCZ soo what do u say? Mushkin isnt the easiest to find in sweden toh :> but what do u say about the ones i named?

Your desired ram will do just fine unless you want to overclock the fsb by more than 45mhz. If that was the case I'd say go for some ocz Plat. ddr500 to give yourself some more headroom.

If you'll be running stock or mildly overclocking, go for the Spec. Ops. And if you need someone to remail a purchase to you so you have more choices in product selection, PM me, and I'll get you some info, hehe.