DFI LanParty SLI-DR Expert

Ok, the biggest source of issues that I've seen so far is a taited install due to memory settings. Are you running you ram as "plug and play" or have you adjusted bios settings to a known good configuration?

I had tons of issues when I first built my system because I didn't have stable ram settings when I installed. If you run dual prime 95 torture tests for 12 hours with no errors, that will tell you a lot of things are ok, and rule out a lot of problems.

Also, make sure to download the AMD driver set for dual core cpus. If you installed with more than 1 dimm of ram, one hard drive, and one opticle drive hooked up, that can also cause issues.

There is an order of operations for driver installation as well. Direct X 9.0c must be first. Angry has a guide here on this forum.

Post your ram type and settings, and I'll see if I can help you from there.:cool:

PS: Please post the brand, timings, and part number of your ram if possible. That'll help out a lot.

Ah, bad timing on my part...I'm assuming that this is the kit you are ordering;OCZ PC4000 Platinum XTC 2GB kit (3-3-3-8), Part Number OCZP5002GXTC. Well, anyways, here are the settings you should input to Genie bios to ensure stability:

FSB Bus Frequency............................. 250 MHz

LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio....................... Auto

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio....................... 10

PCI eXpress Frequency......................... 100

CPU Voltage .................................. 1.400v

LDT Voltage .................................. 1.30v

ChipSet (NF4) Voltage ........................ 1.60V

DRAM Voltage ................................. 2.80v

+0.03 if not 3.2V ............................ enable

Memclock (DRAM Frequency) .................... 200

1T/2T Timing (Command Per Clock).............. 1T

CAS Latency (Tcl)............................. 3T

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd)..................... 3T

Min RAS# active time (Tras)................... 8T

Row precharge time (Trp)...................... 3T

Row Cycle time (Trc).......................... 11T

Row refresh cyc time (Trfc)................... 16T

Row to Row delay (Trrd)....................... 3T

Write recovery time (Twr)..................... 2T

Write to Read delay (Twtr).................... 2T

Read to Write delay (Trwt).................... 3T

Refresh Period (Tref)......................... 3120

DRAM Bank Interleave.......................... Enabled

DQS Skew Control.............................. Auto

DQS Skew Value................................ 0

DRAM Drive Strength........................... Normal 4 (called Level 8 in other bios')

DRAM Data Drive Strength...................... Level 2

Max Async Latency............................. 8ns

DRAM Response Time............................ Normal

Read Preamble Time............................ 6ns

IdleCycle Limit............................... 256

Dynamic Counter............................... Disable

R/W Queue Bypass.............................. 16x

Bypass Max.................................... 4x

32 Byte Granularity........................... Disable (4 Bursts)

If any of this is confusing, let me know, and I'll try to clear it up a bit. Best of luck, and keep us posted!

will the ram that i bought (the OCZ ram i described earlier) work? its PC4000, but in the DFI manual, it says that it only supports up to PC3200. is that going to b a problem? i notice that in your sig, u almost have the same ram as the one i bought. the lats for my new set are 3-3-3-8.

will the ram that i bought (the OCZ ram i described earlier) work? its PC4000, but in the DFI manual, it says that it only supports up to PC3200. is that going to b a problem? i notice that in your sig, u almost have the same ram as the one i bought. the lats for my new set are 3-3-3-8.

OCZP5002GXTC will work fine in your board. Just keep in mind it is designed for overclocking beyond 200Mhz which is why the PC4000 designation. It is rated for 250Mhz@3,3,3,4 which is what I am using now, see my sig.

If you don't plan to OC then its a bit overkill, but its good ram and will run fine in your rig.

Your psu is prolly running at 85% capacity, so you are ok for the time being. Upgrading to a 7900 will max you out for sure. And overclocking skyrockets your power draw. I can't recommend strongly enough the OCZ GameXstream 700 watt psu. SLI, overclocking, RAID set-ups, it handles em all.

The reason the board specs say only pc3200 is supported is that most board manufacturers void your warrenty if you overclock at all, so to use ram at higher than pc3200 would by default void it. Trust me when I say it will work just fine.

Finally, I can't that those settings will work with your memory currently. Likely, they wouldn't, as the chips on the dimm are prolly different than OCZ's.