What Were Your Overclocks With A 3000+

ShadowPaktu

Ok, after researching through just about everything to do with overclocking, platforms, processor architecture, i have come to this, i want to oc meh proc but i (being a afraid like a little girl like i am) is scared of BIOS!

Ive used it hundred of times, setting up comps, fiddling with latency etc, but it still stares me in the face with the fact that one wrong button press, quick flick of the F10 key and poof, there goes your pc (extreme instance of course)

I have built machines in past, so im in no way a noobie, but, as you can see from my profile, i have 4 case fans, ample airflow, air directional kits (exhausts) and a coolermaster Aero 7+ lite and its bloody amazing!

Full load the temps go to 36.5 and no hotter, even in burn in test with sandra, but i still want to oc.

So, the question is, if you have had, or have a 3000+ proc with that mobo or even similer, what kind of overclock have you achieved???

p.s. i know this and i know what some people are oging to say, each processor is different, you can get a 20 mhz oc or a 2000 mhz oc (like to see the 2000 mind lol) but i just want to know what you guys have hi.

cheers!

brilliant, thatnks for the info, perhaps it might have bin easier if i told you that it the the tourabred, (the 333mhx (2x166) version) and not the barton lol

Ty for info, ill post here to let ya know how i get on :D

EDIT: Was that 600mhz overclock you had, do you use that all the time or was that just an experiment to do for a couple of hours, ie, get a screenie before it crashed?

Because i know people get outragous overclocks and take a capture to prove it, but they cant normally run the system like that for anymore thatn a min or 2, so is that 600<hz o/c of your the oc you use all the time?

thanks for the info.

Edited by ShadowPaktu

kewl, so would my T-Bred do the same ikinda of thing? (i know there all diff but i do have a safty magin)

Also, in ram topics, in the BIOS i hav the divide and multiplier ratios, as well as By spd and Auto. I have 400 MHZ pc3200 ram, but the proc speed is 333, i set it at 'By spd' and it follows the its timings (so my ram is overclocked which is somin i dont want) so would auto set the ram down to its underclocked state (333Mhz, or a little over depending on my fsb)

Alsom i got 2x256 Mg of PNY ram, i dont sposse a small oc of this ram would cause damege? i got the PC3200 running at 402Mhz, im hoping there some margin of stability, is this ok?

EDIT: changed the ram, its noe underclocked, but on the oc you did, when did you have to up the vcore, cos i dont want to up the voltage (yes i do have good coolinh 40C under) but i dont like the idea lol.

Edited by ShadowPaktu

man don`t be afraid to Oc you cpu.i have oc my 1700+ to 2200 mhz(11x200) cpu real clock(vcore 1.825) and i don`t have any problems with the cpu is more stable than the standard speed 1466.don`t be a girl man with pusy and oc that craping cpu of yours.you have a great mainboard for oc.i only have an epox 8rda and i oc that much but i want to reach the imposible to oc it to 2400 or 2500 but i don`t what`s hapening if i oc more than 2200 mhz my craping windows xp wont start.the xp sends me a root error.i must instal teh linux.

to get much of an oc past 50mhz(at least in my case) you will have to up the vcore to keep the system running stable. my barton has an oc of 370mhz and i had to up the vcore by 0.125 to 1.775 volts. if you have proper colling you should have no problems with temps :)

first off, you need to calm down and realize there are only 2 ways to kill your computer, the first is restarting it while flashing the bios, and the second is heat. obviously, dont start when flashing the bios, and second, dont turn off the anti-burn feature (shuts down pc when cpu gets too hot) and youll be fine. as for everything else, its nothing resetting the cmos wont fix ;)