venus boot problems

i just got my new venus board and somehow i couldnt get it started.

i tried the new build guide down to a T yet the board simply refuses to boot.

the rams are in the orange slots. all power connectors are plugged in. fans are spinning.

board outside the casing.

i noticed that when 4 leds go to 3, it flashes and goes back to 4leds several times before finally becoming 1. and the last LED remains there for quite sometime before it disappears.

i've tried swopping gfx cards, hDD but still doesnt work. there's nothing on the screen nor beep sound at all.

If you have both stick's of ram in try taking one out and leaving one in the orange slot farthest away from cpu. Try to boot with the one stick and enter bios and set up the ram timing's then shutdown and add the second stick. My expert did the same thing on first boot and all's it was were too many ram timing's on auto.

If you are following the build guide, you should be booting with only the one stick in the furthest orange slot from the CPU (assume this is the same for the Venus - sorry, don't have the board). Also, try the full CMOS clear (linkage in sig) as this is known to fix non-boot problems like yours... try the short one first - and if no luck try the 8hrs/24hrs...

Good luck ;o)

One difference between the expert and venus cmos clear is to leave the battery in. It stores some voltage information and should not be removed during a cmos clear. Follow all the step's in ex roadie's guide just don't pull the battery.

ok it finally worked with the 2nd gfx card.

but now there's an issue. while booting up outta the case, it was fine, but the moment i placed it inside the casing. it just screws up. beeps at the last LED. tried a few times but the problem remains.

check for shorts between the case and the board/components. Chances are you've probably either knocked something slightly loose (try reseating everything), or the stand-offs aren't working and it's shorting out somewhere, possibly behind the board?

you tried taking it out again i assume? does it post correctly again once you do that?

funny.

first boot it tells me the sata hdds arent detected but they are fine once i changed the sata ports ? wtf ? and at the same time i unplugged my cd rom drives(ide cable, power)

then when i just plugged in the ide cable and power, it doesnt give me a beep, just refuses to display anything. so i reset the com many times before i plugged the ide cable back to the original position

BTW where can i find the bios thread?

Tmod's BIOS CD is here. Have a read up before you do anything - flashing the BIOS isn't something you should do unless you are really sure.

RE: the SATA ports - do you have the correct ones enabled in the BIOS? If you've been resetting the CMOS you'll have to go back in and make all these changes again...

RE: Your IDE drive - do you have the correct master/slave jumper set on the drive itself?

Try Tony's V406BTA bios on Tmod's CD.

It's probably the most forgiving of all times of RAM.

No offense intended here, But I never see anything but problems with Corsair VS.

You got the world's most expensive 939 mobo, may want to give it some decent RAM :)

yeah i know

my gskill rams are coming,

one thing weird happened yesterday,

while i was installing XP (i had some software issues) the com simply powered down after a while out of no reason. at first i thought it overheated so i checked the rads and bios. temps were normal and shutdown wasnt enabled.

???