Well there goes windows!

It just got worse flashing screens , system halts... I decided to do the 10min cmos flash

what ever i tried at first the system would NOT power up, power light just kept on blinking like crazy and i had to keep pulling the power cord to shut it off.

By luck it started up and i got to csmos loaded optimized defaults and again wouldnt boot up correctly so back to cmos reset i went! This went back and forth for a good few mins, i decided to take power cables out of things like hard drive and cd drive.

Straight away the system powered up , though the memory still fails to work in the orange slots both gskill and ballistix. Reset the memory settings to default and again it booted up, but this time it was saying my sys files where corrupt! :mad: :mad:

Formatted the hard drive , reinstalled windows and while using windows it gave me errors and bsod then shut down... got back into windows again 5mins later it shut down. So at this time im using a laptop :mad:

I really hope it is my PSU!

Yeah, if you're using the system when it is that unstable - it will hose your OS eventually. You're just going to cause yourself more pain until you have another PSU you can swap in to try it out... Do you still have the problem when you back off your overclock to stock?

Yeah, if you're using the system when it is that unstable - it will hose your OS eventually. You're just going to cause yourself more pain until you have another PSU you can swap in to try it out... Do you still have the problem when you back off your overclock to stock?

Yep , i hope it hasnt caused any damage to any other parts cause if it is my psu that is

I've seen no indication in this thread so far that the psu voltage rails have been checked at idle and at load with a multimeter (but that PSU should be replaced regardless with one that is on the recommended PSU list).

I've seen no indication in this thread that the rig in question (even at default settings) was ever confirmed Memtest stable.

And, I've seen no indication in this thread that the rig in question (even at default settings) was ever confirmed as Prime95 torture test stable.

In the beginning the rig should have been built per the NF4 Build Guide (link in my sig) and should have beem Memtested prior to attempting any OS installation.

I've seen no indication in this thread so far that the psu voltage rails have been checked at idle and at load with a multimeter (but that PSU should be replaced regardless with one that is on the recommended PSU list).

I've seen no indication in this thread that the rig in question (even at default settings) was ever confirmed Memtest stable.

And, I've seen no indication in this thread that the rig in question (even at default settings) was ever confirmed as Prime95 torture test stable.

In the beginning the rig should have been built per the NF4 Build Guide (link in my sig) and should have beem Memtested prior to attempting any OS installation.

Errrrrrr Thats just THIS thread , do a search :rolleyes:

Errrrrrr Thats just THIS thread , do a search :rolleyes:

Errrrr! Telling forum members that are trying to help that they should "do a search" is rude.

Why have you started another thread for the same issue?

Please go back to the original thread.

This thread is closed.