Posting Issue (3 Red Leds)

Good morning all,

Problem: The system continues to beep over and over, also the motherboard indicates 3 red leds on. The system was working flawlessly for the last 4 months or so.

Solutions I Tried:

1. From my understanding it's having problems detecting the ram, so i replaced the ram - No results

2. Clearing the cmos boths way in ( http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...04&postcount=24 ) - Still no results, 2nd method still wouldn't even post a image on the screen.

Additional Info: The system booted up normal this morning, but I went out of the room to do something and when I came back it restarted and was hanging at the very start of hte post screen (Nothing had even started to be detected yet). Once i seen that I rebooted it, now this's where I currently sit.

Hope someone here has any ideas, if so, thanks in advanced.

System:

AMD Opteron 165

DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLI-Dr Expert

2x512mb OCZ ram (Can't remember which ones)

600 Watt OCZ Powerstream PSU

EVGA 7950 GX2

Can you create a permanent/complete sig?

What ram have you tried and in what slots?

I've tried my 2x OCZ Premier Series 512mb, and some cheap Kignston Value stuff from a different computer, I tried each in dual channel (both orange slots), and also just tried only using on ram stick (tried each slot once).

3 leds seems to be indicating possible ram prob,did you ever memtest the ram when you did get it to post?

I believe on a expert MB the cmos clear procedure leaves the battery in

did you try w/a ps2 kb

No, i havn't ran the memtest, never needed to before since it all work for months. Ill try to do the cmos clear with the batter in this time, and yes I did use a ps2 kb.

Thanks

Woohoo success, I don't know what I changed but I decided to take out the mobo tray and reconnect everything and it seems to work now.

Thanks to all who tried to help.

----- Seems to be one of the sticks of ram is also dead :(