DFI NF590 SLI-M2R/G AM2 probems

Guest DaddyD302_merged

Vcore up to ~ 1.48v and Vdimm reporting 2.14v Now running 3dmark... lol.. unstable the first time. :) Anyone have an idea of an upper limit for DDR2 Modules? especially OCZ XTC Gold series?

I got mine to boot up at 260 x 11 400/400 divider which gave me 476 with 2.33 vdimm but I couldn't get it error free in test 7, but I haven' touched all the memory timings yet.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Memory is definitely unstable at that speed / voltage. but CPU test with orthos is running for far longer... So I guess I'll need more vdimm, but damn I would just prefer 266/400 to work right as I think my CPU is going to go pretty far. Unless I hit a weird wall around 2.8... hmmm

Guest DaddyD302
I got mine to boot up at 260 x 11 400/400 divider which gave me 476 with 2.33 vdimm but I couldn't get it error free in test 7, but I haven' touched all the memory timings yet.

How did you get yours to 260? I could only get mine up to 250 on 2.2V. Hmmmm I might try upping it to 2.3V. I'm running on 400/400 as well. Seems more stable that way. I also saw you up the cpu volt to 1.45 and it was stable? I have to keep mine at 1.5V to be stable.

Edit;nevermine, seems it won't go above 258, at 260 it freezes up. Tried doing 10X and 3X, no go.

Hmm... is that 400/400 being a divider just this board? or all AM2's? DeFIes the rules a wee bit doesn't it? If you can get that speed at 2.33v.. I should be able to hit 285mhz HTT...at 333/400. Currently hitting 270 x 10, as long as I do CPU stress test it runs fine. One question about 2.33vdimm, is that in Smart Guardian? Or, in Bios?

I wasn't to sure how ram dividers worked so I googled around lastnight and also googled around to see other people's results OCing the 4600 and I found this chart on the Abit forums. http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1542/am...liers8009sg.jpg

As you can see even at the 400 (800 DDR2) there is a divider. In my older posts I was able to boot into windows at 260 x 11 @ 1.5125 vcore in bios with a 400/400 mem divider (CPU/6) @ 2.33 vdimm in bios (2.22ish in SmartGuardian) but it wasn't prime stable at all, it would get an error after a few seconds but it was enough for me to do a Everest memory read to compare my trial and error settings.

If you can get your HTT to 285 I'm going to start wondering why I can't even get mine to boot up at 280 with any multi and/or divider, I'm beginning to think its my CPU but I have another CPU to see if it is or any other part really. :(

A little tip on HT Drive Strenght:

This feature seems to be new in LANParty motherboards and there's little info about this on the net. I found that setting the CPU/C51 HT Drive Strenght to Hi, Hi gave me better CPU overclocks at lower Vcore. My X2 3800+ wants 1.4V with Low, Low but I can easily dual Prime over 6 hours at 1.32V at Hi, Hi.

My X2 3800+ currently maxes out at 3GHz but it wants 1.62V to run Super PI 1M. X2 gets pretty hot and pumps almost twice as much heat when compared to my Athlon 3000+ Orleans. With a Corsair Nautilus500 w/c kit cooling the CPU, I'm getting over 55C at 2.9GHz, 1.55V via Core Temp. I trust Core Temp because Smart Guardian reports almost 10C higher! And, the PWM heatsink gets hot even with a 120mm fan blowing over it. At 1.65V with X2, my PWM temp are reads about 43ºC. I dare you to touch the un-heatsinked CPL power regulator chip :D

Also, for X2 users, Orthos or dual Super PI 32M does not pick out errors easily, at least in my situation. Try running dual Memtest 3.4 (Windows) and set both to 850MB if you have 2GB RAM installed. Let it run for about 500% coverage for quick test or leave it overnight if you want total stability. I left mine runnig overnight, checked back the next morning and found my system shutdown by itself! LOL

Hope this helps.

why set to 850 mb? When i run memtest before i install windows, when i first build my comp how do i use Dual memtest? and do i have to set it to 850 mb why? howcome not Full amount of memory.

Dude... I was referring to the Windows version. :)

If you have 2GB and run 900MB on two instances of Memtest, your Windows will start to lag like hell as it will use up over 1.90GB, leaving very little physical memory for Windows. Logically, 900MB x2 = 1800MB, but Memtest eats another 10MB or so...

Get Windows Memtest here: http://hcidesign.com/memtest/MemTest.zip

Btw, I wonder why almost all of the LANParty boards I have came with a very soft buzzer. I mean, my Infinity UltraII-M2's and nF4's buzzer sounded so loud that I had to silence them... but these LANParty boards buzzes so softly... With two 120mm fans running in my rig, I could barely hear the LANParty onboard buzzers.

Even with an external buzzer attached to the header, it was still too soft. Maybe the board feeds less voltage to the buzzer... I don't know

I've owned/tested the following LP boards:

LP nF3 Ultra-D

LP nF4 Ultra-D

LP RDX200 CF-DR

LP NF590 SLI-M2R/G

All of the boards listed there came with "soft" onboard buzzer...

Well, I'll have to try the HI/HI setting, as I find with the measly OCZ Tempest, I was having temps hit 64c at 1.475v running Orthos on Max CPU test. Anyway to drop the vcore would be nice. I am only at 270 x 10 right now, so I could only imagine what will happen as I push higher. That is if I can get my memory stable again. Sigh. Which would be easier if I could post at this same setting with a lower memory divider.

Anyone know if the inability to boot an x2 3800 @ 266/400 where HTT > 262 is a CPU, OCZ GOLD EL XTC PC2 6400 Memory, or Bios Issue? Considering it boots HTT > 262 at 333/400?