Power On Problems

I am using the latest BETA bios for this mobo. Date: 2005/12/19-"NF3UDC19".

Perhaps I should go back to a slightly earlier BETA bios as there are 3 for this board.

Just wondering if you ever tried 705 or 711 offical BIOS. At one time I had a 3200 in my nF3 UltraD with C19 and had a heck of a time with it. My Sandy 3700 and Opteron 146 however were fine with C19.

Just a thought but you might want to try one of the official BIOS, do a proper CMOS clear and see if things improve for ya.

I agree with Adreno about trying a bios like 7/11. I've used that since the go-get with no problems

I'm getting excellent results from the Hiper 580. Not up to full SLi and a hefty overclock so they say, but definitely enough for my purposes.

Brando

Hey all

Yes, I've tried many combos of RAM sticks in various slots. Only way it boots from cold is if there is no RAM. This is why I think it's a RAM thing. I tried upping and downing the VDIMM, but no luck.

I was using the 7/11 BIOS but no luck there, which is why I got desperate and went to BETA. I think I will try the bios prior to the latest beta.

I also don't think it is the PSU, but will try another one of the same type anyway.

Also, i tried the power button on the MOBO istself but yields the same results.

:-)

I tried a different PSU, an older one rated at 400W. It would power on normally after a shutdown, but the board would not post.

I also tried 2 different video cards, but no luck there either.

I tried 1 stick of RAM in the second to the top slot to run it in single channel mode, no luck.

I flashed back to the previous BETA BIOS, no luck.

Does anyone think flashing back to the 7/11 with a CMOS clear would help? The one previous to 7/11 was causing blue screens and didn't work very well at all.

Crazy stuff.....