Bummed Unit?

LoRno

Ok well, I got referred to here by a friend to answer some questions I have. I left my comp running last night, was working fine. I wake up and there's a black screen on it and I thought it was a screen saver. Moved the mouse, pushed buttons on the keyboard. Nothing. Rebooted and the POST didn't start, all that happened was power seemed to be going through the system, as all the fans(extra cooling fans, Motherboard fans, Video card fan) was working, but no beeps and nothing on the screen. Took the front case off, made sure everything was connected and then I turned it on again. Same deal. So I assume(Not uber computer knowledgeable) that it could be one of three things: Motherboard, CPU, or Power supply. I don't think it's the power supply though, as all the fans and lights go up, just no POST. It's a new power supply too, Year and a half old Enermax. Oh, my system is a AMD 64, either 3000+ or 3200+ socket 939 on a MSI Neok8n Platinum Motherboard, which is also probably a year and a half old, maybe 2. So technically I think it's either Motherboard or CPU, but this is the first time anything like this has happened to me so I don't know. Nor do I know how a fried motherboard...I don't know if operates is the right word, but yea, I don't know how to tell a fried motherboard or a fried CPU. I'm taking it into the shop tomorrow, as I have a free diagnostic coupon. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Start by following the rules by making a sig with your specs in it, that will make them stand out and give the guys here a better chance of helping you (not to mention a better chance of you not getting banned)

For second did you try a full CMOS clear?

HDD spin up?