C1 Error message

Alright....I had to RMA my old CFX3200 board, and now I have this one with the error message: C1. I have tried 1 stick of RAM in each slot. I have tried plugging in only 1 gfx card. I have tried unplugging DVD drive as well as the floppy. I have tried reseting CMOS and I still have no idea what is going on. I can't update the BIOS because I can't even get into the BIOS. All I get is that repeating post that just taunts me:sad:

C1 is an error that has to do with the memory, is it not? The RAM is fine, I have tested it on another rig and it works just fine. Can anyone help me out here?

From the diagnostic code document:

Memory presence.

First block memory detect.

OEM Specific-Test to size on-board memory.

Early chip set initialization.

Memory presence test.

OEM chip set routines.

Clear low 64K or memory.

Test first 64K of memory.

I had this error when I first installed the board. To pass it, I went out and bought a $35 256mb stick of Samsung to boot from, then updated to the beta BIOS. It seems like the default BIOS does not like OCZ memory. I don't know if there are other resolutions...

Yea, I saw that diagnostic error and I have no idea what it means:(

BUT, now I can plug both sticks into the same side (DDR Slots 1 and 2) and it posts and goes into BIOS. After BIOS, it wants me to boot from a CD. It just sits at a black screen and says:

BOOT FROM CD :

If I wait for a while a message comes under the Boot From CD message saying: DISC BOOT ERROR, INSERT SYSTEM DISC AND HIT ENTER

That's it. My boot priority is: HDD, CD-ROM, Removable

You don't have your hard drives in your sig. If you have a RAID setup I think you'll have to rebuild the array. If not, do the drives show up in the BIOS? Can you actually boot from a CD?

You may want to try updating the BIOS before going any further.

Can you boot from a floppy and get a new BIOS installed?

Do all the drives show up in the BIOS? Correctly?

Is everything connected correctly? Try reseating the cables...

Have you tried booting from CD without hard drives installed?

Did you try another CD?

I dunno, just running down the list. Sorry I can't help much more than this.

Alright, I got it to boot from a CD. I am wiping my drive now with the WD write to zero's tool, cause I want a fresh install so I don't have to go through any more troubles.

I still can't boot with the RAM in dual channel

The version that came with the mobo. I have to wait for the drive to wipe so I can check...

EDIT: Is there any way I can update the BIOS from a CD? I don't have a blank floppy lying around anywhere :(

Yeah, you should be able to. You might want to check out Bart's Boot CD or something similar. You just add files to the image and it builds and burns the CD for you.

You can also update from Windows, but that doesn't seem to be recommended.

I get that message if I cold boot my PC, usually have to wait 5 or 10 minutes before I can start my PC. I leave my PC on 24/7 so I don't get the problem much, though it is annoying when it does happen.