Blinking Standby led :(

This totally sucks :( I was in the process of backing up my old CDs to DVDs. So I was copying my stuff to the HD. Then as I turn to get the next CD I hear a huge *POP* sound. I was totally terrified! The whole computer shut down and boy was I saddened. On my Ultra-D, only the blinking standby led is on.

I did a search on the forum and they say it is the PSU. I just like to confirm this as I got to get my server up and running again.

To be sure, I powered down, clear CMOS, unplug all unnecessary stuff and such. But not even the PSU fan is spinning. Just the blinkning light :(

Also, do you think anything got damaged along the way? Like my HDs ;_; I heard of stories of the PSU taking the entire computer with it :( Please say it ain't so ;_;

Time will tell had a frend do the same thing backed up his ENTIRE CD colletion only to have the PSU kill the computer.

You can disconnect the PSU from everything and jump the green wire on the 20+4 connector to any of the black ones with a paper clip it should turn on. If not...............Generaly Enermax are good though. It is the cheaper ones that take components with them more often. The good ones like OCZ FSP have overvolt protection.

Spend the mony for a good PSU it saves a lot of money in the end.

See this thread [ http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59690 ] and the links from in it, for a very similar experience from at least 3 other users. I don't really have an update on my RMA from that thread yet as the board is still in shipping. But try some of the suggestions given there to try and figure out if it's the power supply, the board or something else.

Looks like it is the PSU. I shorted the green wire. Not even the fans turned. I used a digital multimeter on one of the molex. No 5v or 12v flowing :( It dead.

I don't smell any burn components. But I'm still worried if it took any of my other components :( Until I get my replacement I won't know for sure.

Well Its always possible, and I guess you will only find out when you swap in a new PSU. I wish you the best of luck!