Which Opteron 165 Stepping?

fabiaN

CCBBE 0610 or 0615 are the best I think. These easily hit 2.8-3.0ghz. There is a thread over at XS forums, but I lost the link.

CCB1Es you need to be careful with, as there are some good weeks and bad weeks. I think 0606-0609 were good weeks for these steppings.

thanks, cpuid may work, that was the program i was trying to think of but forgot the name. before i go too far,im gonna remove my hsf and apply artic silver so i can check then . thanks.

btw, for some reason , windows sp2 seems to take about 30 seconds to boot (30 seconds on the windows screen before it starts )with my new system, the opty and expert, vs only a few , like 5-8 before with my amd xp barton @ 2.3 ghz. I get better cpu scores with this cpu stock 1.8ghz, why does it take longer to boot ? you think it is just the sp2 conflict with dual core, which i used the hotfix , but that wont help till windows is fully started ?

to make sure try and find ur self a CCBBE 0610DPMW, i got mine on ebay and u wont regret it. The screen shot is my current 165 CCBBE *1.28v on HSF that came with it and its 24/7 stable :) . 1.39v 3015mhz even on stock HSF.

0608, 0610 and 0615 are your best bet. But you have to realize going in that most can't do 3.0+ stable. Stable is a relative term. It seems like quite a few people equate stable with a screenshot. With some luck on your side you'll hit 3.0. If not, don't think you're the only one. Contrary to what people post on forums you will be part of the majority not the minority.

0608, 0610 and 0615 are your best bet. But you have to realize going in that most can't do 3.0+ stable. Stable is a relative term. It seems like quite a few people equate stable with a screenshot. With some luck on your side you'll hit 3.0. If not, don't think you're the only one. Contrary to what people post on forums you will be part of the majority not the minority.

I know 3.0 is not easy, but I atleast want to get 2.8

With my 0607 I hit 2.5 and I think its holding my computer back for games because I feel I would gain much more with 2.7-2.8