X2 3800+ or Opty 165?

JDMJOSH

Well, I've put my sandy 4000+ up for sale but cant decide what to replace it with. I can get the x2 for $350cad vs $400 for the opty, but Im not sure if the extra l2 cache is worth the additional $50. yes I know about the overclocking potential of the opteron, I'm not looking for a 3ghz monster here either. honestly i'd be happy with 2.6 ghz. who can weigh in here?

Is the OEM stuff on there new or resold?? btw the JDM means Japanese Domestic Market, like when you buy parts for your car that were imported from Japan you say they are JDM. Supposed to be better since they are coming right from the source. not really sure why I picked it, kind of a silly little thing from my f&f ricer days. thankfully I've grown up from that :nod:

the extra L2 you get with the opty is well worth it!!!!

with more L2 you get better response times with the rest of your hardware, but you can really only tell the differece when gaming....

when i get my POS computer working i want to play with overclocking...

is there some kind of guide out there to help me out?? im not a nub when it comes to overclocking i just want to get all i can out of my computer...

thx