7900GT reporting as PCI-Express X2???

When I am looking at my video card properties, for some reason it reports the bus as PCI-Express x2... shouldn't it say PCI-Express x16? I have a DFI Lanparty Ultra-D (non-SLI) and an XFX GF7900GT.

The top PCI-E slot is 16x and the bottom (underneath the chipset) is set at 2x. If you switch the SLI jumpers on the motherboard both PCI-E slots will become 8x. If you're worried about your chipset cooler not getting enough air flow move the SLI jumpers on the motherboard so that bottom PCI-E slot goes from 2x to 8x. They've said 8X is not that much different then 16x. So when you do finish doing these suggestions run some benchmarks and see. Good Luck!

It isn't different at all, done the tests myself. ;)

Did you try different resolutions by chance? I'm told that high resolutions requires the bandwidth. Also, since he has a non-SLI MoBo wouldn't he have a problem with SLI jumpers? (I'm totally unfamiliar with that aspect of Ultra-D boards)

It isn't different at all, done the tests myself. ;)

Yeah, i remember someone doing some benchmarks regarding that. Where is the link and just like the person above has mentioned, which resolutions did you test the games? :)

Did you try different resolutions by chance? I'm told that high resolutions requires the bandwidth.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...803&postcount=2

Nope, just left it at standard tests so people could see 'relevent' numbers to compare them directly to their own. However I am running on x8 right now with no reduced performance as far as I can tell, breaks 11k easily in '05.

Also tried some bandwidth test that NeoAethyr gave me, but I don't think it worked properly as numbers were all kinds of messed up.

The main point I saw was only a 20% decrease in performance even at x2 speeds, so obviously x8 should be more than enough.

Looks good. I only take issue with the use of 3dmark as a 20% drop in performance when a good portion of it is based off of the PCU speed. Assuming that the video card is responsible for 50% of the score that corresponds to a 40% drop in video card performance. While that still means that 8x shouldn't have a problem it's a nit I want to pick.

If you arent going to do the suggestions why bother asking for help? the jumpers are staring u right in the face if u r looking at your card in the bottom slot, and no they arent both x16

If you arent going to do the suggestions why bother asking for help? the jumpers are staring u right in the face if u r looking at your card in the bottom slot, and no they arent both x16

I'd like to do the suggestions if I could find the jumpers. I said I looked thru the manual and didn't see anything about jumpers... I can't just randomly change jumpers!