Water Cooling

ime

I have decided to design my own water cooling kit (mainly because my dads a refrigeration and airconditioning engineer) well at first he was offering to do vapor forexample adding a compressor and so on which can take temps to minuses ! Though i wanted to keep it simple and not make my system a fridge. (note he was offering to do something like shown in image bellow - vapo chill)

I just need a few questions answered to make sure everything is designed properly.

Firstly the water block,

inside of the waterblock is it just like a little box housing with space for the water to be passed through the circuit, correct?

Also there is no need to add anything like greese or such, all that has to be done is to fit the water block on , get a pump radiator and valaa! Or is there a vital step i am missing out (sorry i have never in real life seen a watrer cooled setup.

Will my mobo have the screw holes to add the waterblock or is there some thing that must be done?

Thats all the questions i can think of for now! Also if this turns out well i will be selling the kit for real cheap prices ($50) or so, because they way my dad explained it so far the equipment can be found for real cheap and not the prices online mod shops are offering!

Edited by ime

You said he was a pro. Go for it. You could probably pull off getting below room temp.

I wish my Dad shared the same enthusiasm as yours. I have to learn everything myself because he doesn't like the way I learn, I ask too many questions.

If you're gonna goto the minuses becareful. Condensation is bad. Neoprene is a good thing to put around the chip. Some people use non conductive grease and slather it on the wole socket. I prefer neoprene.

a small box... sure. but there are many things that should be done inside that box to make sure the the water cools it as much as it can. some people dig cannels in it to make the water spend more time in the box... bad idea. you want to maximize surface contact and maximize flow.