I need a good head mounted display

Grunt_Style

the best ive seen is 800x600 resolution. wich is really nice considering its a 2 nich display right in front of your eyes. they simulate like a 105 inch High Deff TV or something. plus they got 6axix head tracking so thats kinda cool as well. im wondering if theres any on the market that sport 1024x resolutions.

if not id still like to look at some others out there that yall might sugest.

hears a link to the specs:

http://inition.co.uk/inition/product.php?U...800&SubCatID_=0

ive found them for as cheap as $550 USD

Be prepared for extreme motion sickness.

When I was in college, I was on a research project to help the US Army make a simulation for potential first responders to a terrorist threat. Their main focus was on a chemical attack or spill inside a building. They also wanted it as lifelike as possible. That meant that instead of wandering around with a keyboard and mouse, they would strap themselves up in a Level 1 Hazmat suit (which, as one of the higher ups on the project pointed out, have 100% humidity inside them) and control their forward momentum by walking on a treadmill which fed into the simulation. We had them put on HMD's under their suits. It was really pretty cool.

However, pretty much everyone that tried it, hazmat suit or no, got motion sickness within 5 minutes of starting it. College students raised on video games, Army guys, firefighters, nobody was immune. The treadmill didn't matter either; even when we used the keyboard and mouse for control, people still got sick.

hmmm. and im in a moving truck. i wanted one since my 19 inch lcd is getting too cumbersum. i was hoping the small head gear would help me avoid problems...but now it seems that it might bring new ones.....especially with the truck moving around.