Would Pay for Opty 165 OC Help

I have successfully upped my voltage to 1.424 and my setting are 278 x 2.5 x 9

memory 3-4-3-8 with a divider of 5/6.

so far this has been the most stable setting at 2.5Ghz and no blue screen as of yet. While I am typing I am running Prime95 torture and sandrasis burnin.

My temps are at 59C. that seems high especially with the AC Pro Heat sink and arctic silver 5.

I see that you are using 2.5 htt, please change that to 3x.

like everyone says...practice...and more practice...and lots of reading in between...and post alot...everyone is eager to help!!! I just started too and already got a decent cpu overclock...and will start with the mem next...when i top out the cpu mhz...so...keep trying...

How much did you say you are willing to pay, i'll take 75% and angry can have the rest, HAHAHAHAH.

Put your Vcore to 1.5v and set your HTT(FSB) to 289 and leave your multiplier at 9x. Now your memory plays an important role around 2.6Ghz opteron overclock, so use a divider of 180 since that would put your memory at 260MHz overclocked with those same rated timings and voltage, that should work, maybe... :)

With some help I have been able to hit 2.65Ghz oc. I upped my vcore to 1.5 and lowered my memory divider to 133mhz. Strangely if I up my RAM at all it becomes unstable, but at these settings it is rock solid

Have you done lots of Prime95 and memtest yet?

Make sure you do before you claim rock solidity. You don't want to corrupt anything, and if your ram is on the brink of being unstable, you need to know for certain you're safe.

This isn't the most efficient way for pictures I don't think, but I just to upload it on imageshack, selecting the option to format it in 800x600, then copy the tag bit into your forum.

59c at 1.424v is really high for a dual-core chip. Does your case have good ventilation (being a Lian Li V1100 it should)? You might consider opening the side up, and blowing a fan in, to see if the core temp drops below 50c.

If the case interior is indeed cool (without the side off), I would try to reseat the heatsink. If that still does not drop the core temp below 50c consider a Big Typhoon, XP-90 or SI-120 instead. My Opteron 165 runs dual-prime at 47c at 2.9GHz on 1.5v vcore (with a XP-120 heatsink).