Thermaltake Water cooling

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big difference... in the TWO Radiators / heater cores is that exactly The thermaltake is a radiator.. the Swiftech is a Heater Core... better flow with heater core

Could you explain how you come to this conclusion? From my experience working on cars for Mitsubishi as a Class A tech for 4 years prior to entering the law enforcement field...I could swear that a heater core was just a little radiator used to transfer heat from the coolant into the cabin of the vehicle by way of a blower fan and ducting. The reason why it was called a heater core is because that was its function. Wouldnt call it Radiator...might get confusing to the not so bright techs. Now...just wanted to see how you come to your conclusion that the Thermaltake is a radiator and the Swiftech is a heater core. They are one and the same. Have you ever even seen the Thermaltake?

What Killing_Halo is trying to say is how every computer made radiator has a very high water flow restriction, something I totally agree with. He also says that the heater core radiators have a much wider conduct design which produce less water flow restriction, I also agree with this. IMO, and the opinion of several other people and scientists, water flow is highly overrated... at least to the level we are led to believe its better, but like with most things the better the water flow the safer the design will be in terms of how much restriction we can apply to the system with out having any drop in cooling performance.

Why are you trying to start a conflict jawatrader? This is the third time you personally challenge someone's knoledge or say everybody doesn't know what they are talking. This is a civilized discussion, at least thats the way it should be.

Thanks.

Could you explain how you come to this conclusion? From my experience working on cars for Mitsubishi as a Class A tech for 4 years prior to entering the law enforcement field...I could swear that a heater core was just a little radiator used to transfer heat from the coolant into the cabin of the vehicle by way of a blower fan and ducting. The reason why it was called a heater core is because that was its function. Wouldnt call it Radiator...might get confusing to the not so bright techs. Now...just wanted to see how you come to your conclusion that the Thermaltake is a radiator and the Swiftech is a heater core. They are one and the same. Have you ever even seen the Thermaltake?

Oh.. and about that have you ever seen one... YES i have one of those pieces of crap sitting on my case cooling my RAM and Chipset only... Just so you know look at the end of you thremaltake then look at the end of the a Swiftech, dangerden, etc. youll notice a difference... i let you figure it out from there...also look at fin construction... and heat dissipation means

thx sorrento... for the clarification.. i didnt think it necessary... also..he might be a little bit of a Tt fanboy.. but to each their own.

There is nothing wrong about being a thermaltake fan, I was one years ago and I still like some of their products... but hate some, like their PSU's :mad: ... long story.

I think jawatrader explained some very good points about the new Big Water, which is nothing like the original Big Water, and about other stuff... but he said other things that could be mistaken with something else.

I have the 745 and I like it very much. I get temps, on my Ultra-D before putting it on my Expert, at 38C at load with 1.55vcore.

Things to note:

The dual radiator does have 3/8" core. However, the single radiator still has 1/4" core, so this WILL restrict water flow. What I did was not use the single radiator core.

Second, if you want to go custom, I wouldn't use DangerDen. Their water blocks are also made out of lucite/acryllic, which will crack, just like the TT water block. Of course, DangerDen's quality is MUCH higher than TT.

I'd go with:

AquaXtreme MP1

AquaXtreme 50Z-DC12

Black Ice Pro or BIP GT

Any res or t-line

MasterKleer 7/16"

But that's just me.

thx sorrento... for the clarification.. i didnt think it necessary... also..he might be a little bit of a Tt fanboy.. but to each their own.

First off...I am not trying to start a war. A member of the forum had a question about a specific product and having used it I decided to post a reply. When you offered your help...I just wanted to clarify the information given. I was not trying to argue the point with you. I just wanted to make sure that he had all of the facts. As for Killing_Halo...Im not a TT fanboy. If I had the extra $$$ I would have gone with a Danger Den setup, but money is tight at this time so I went with something that would work and work well. As for the Heater core/radiator debate. A heater core is by defenition a radiator. It may be true that a heater core designed for a car has a higher flowrate than a radiator designed for a computer. I dont argue the point. And as for your piece of crap...you are entitled to your opinion. Thats whats great about this country. :D