I Need Help!

hey guys,

ok, i have an asus p4b533 with lates bios and i have a single stick of 512 266mhtz ram in there. but next to my monitor i have a stick of corsair xms2700 512 333 mhtz. i am wondering if i could use it with the 266mhtz. and what will it do if i put it in there?

i need this asap

and respond only if you know what you are talking about. becouse this is vital components we are talking about here. thanxs

yes, the 333mhz chip will just clock it self down to run at 266 (or whatever your mobo's maximum speed is)

And then if the DIMM doesnt fit that you dont have DDR, so you shouldnt be running at 266 mhz anyway.

The worse that can happen is your system wont post and then you'll replace the ram with your original ram and it will work.

edit-> sorry, I didnt notice you wanted to put both in there. Yes, it should all be fine.

Edited by Ronin

yes, the 333mhz chip will just clock it self down to run at 266 (or whatever your mobo's maximum speed is)

as ronin says here....yes you can .. but the speed will be 266

yeah, as long as they're both ddr....it will run at maximum speed of the lowest speed ram you have...in other words, the 266