Cpu Temps Mega High ....

6foot6

Thanks for the replys, I got a new fan and heat sink

Coolermaster Aero 7+

Rebuilt the system and moved a few bits around.

CPU temps now 56c on 20% load so its better.

the BIOS is where the readings for the temp are comming from (epox have a util that runs in the OS that displays that info from the BIOS)

So its either , fecked sensors. Dodgy BIOS or thats just how hot the CPU is.

Out of intrest I just put my old XP1900+ into my friends epox MB and thats reading 53c as well but very stable.

Hmmmmm

Looks like they can get alot hotter than you thought and still run sweet.

No, they can't. Something is wrong with your sensors. Use MBM.

Also, just because it's a good thing, flash the BIOS. ASAP.

Then you'll see that you're now probably running 30-35 idle and 40-45 MAX load.

Trios

The heat sink never gets hot and feels generally cool, and I concure that if it was really 71c my skin would melt to the HS !! and the system would be locking up/blue screening.

Well, that usually doesn't mean much, because if your heatsink isn't seated properly, it will cause high temps and the heatsink will remain cool. However, I think there is something wrong with your sensors. Go to wal-mart and buy a small temp sensor and stick it near the core. Then, if you see a significant difference between that reading and the temps from BIOS you know there is a problem with your motherboard.

Also, as many other people have mentioned. Flash your bios. It is just a good thing to do. :)

yeah i got mobomonitor 5 (just type that n google) and its awesome i tought i was running hot but i can play cs and after an hour its still like 35c and never gets above 30c while just surfing internet. mbm5 also tells you ur fan speeds. i thought that was coll.i dont get out much....:(