Help in getting opteron 146 stable @ 3ghz!!!

Hi guys, my opteron is running happily at 3000, its over an hour stable in sp2004 and i can run 3dmark05 without it crashing... but when i play Need for speed Most Wanted it freezes after around an hour of play... I had to relax the timmings on the ram to 3-3-5-10 to run it at 207mhz frequency.... What else can i do. please help Thanks

You'll need to run Prime95 for at least 8-10hrs. I assume your memory doesn't overclock to high, keep it around 200MHz with the rated timings and voltages i guess. Maybe you can bump the vcore more to see if that helps. I mean i don't think you're stable at all @3GHz unless you come in here and say "It's been 8-10Hrs since i've been running Prime95" so let us know what happens before running NFS again....

well i had it going at 2900 for like around 2 weeks now and it runs everything stably... Vcore on cpu is maxed out in bios.... if i reduce the timmings to stock od 2-2-2-5 it will boot but wont load up windows as it restarts.... what else can i do???, any perticural setting in bios that i should change, i tried running in T2 and it didnt change anything so i changed back to T1

What's the amount of voltage you're using for your processor? You might not hit 3GHz because either your cpu is maxed out at 2.9GHz or your memory is not allowing your processor to hit 3GHz. How much of an overclock did you get with your 7900GT? Maybe PSU to weak? How many devices are you running other then CPU, RAM, Video Card, HD (Segate)?

well in bios the voltage is set at 1.55v, (shows up as 1.52v in CPUZ)i only have a segate 300gb hdd, connectde by the sata plug...my 7900gt runs at around 890memory (1780mhz) and 561 core... but i run defaults normally

the guy that had this chip ran it at 3100 so yea i know its capable of more.... its just nice to see that 3000mhz in cpuz :).... so what else can i tweak to get it stable... i think i need to teweak the memory setting much more.... what settings do u guys recommend im runninf a 120 divider if that helps... i can run 100 divider and its stable at 3000 but memory frequency is only 150mhz or something around that im shure im missing something.... HELP!!!

Guest caffeinejunkie

Well if your running 3ghz at 300 x 10 then you can use the 133 divider to get 200 exactly

or if your running 3ghz with 334 x 9 then use a 125 divider to get 200mhz :D

good luck

Guest caffeinejunkie

Which ever one works better for you

theres no noticable performance difference between the two so it's whatever one your system likes best

i set it to 9x multi and soo far its stable its been running on this clock for aroun an hour, still running prime95, what i wanna know is, can i run mu memory at 1:1 divider and run it @ 3000??? because i have to use CPU/14 divider which is 125 divider from memory... if i try decrease the divider the system will restart before loading up wondows..... HELP ME GUYS!!!