No SLI Problem

No still pluged into the upper...will I lose video on the upper card when sli is enabled?

Have you tried plugging your monitor into both cards, when I have SLI mode active windows and games can only been seen when plugged into my second card, this is normal. However when starting up the computer the BIOS screen ect works from the first card, so I needed to plug my monitor into BOTH cards inorder see see all screens.

Activate SLI mode, turn of your computer, plug the monitor into your SECOND card and turn back on the computer. Dont freak when you dont see the post screen. The computer will load up into windows at that time the monitor should come on and you can use the computer like normal.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no go...as you said I did not see the post but the monitor did come on but all I get is a screen of different color vertical lines then a screen of blocks that was I guess the desk top because there was cursor that I could move...

Still no go...as you said I did not see the post but the monitor did come on but all I get is a screen of different color vertical lines then a screen of blocks that was I guess the desk top because there was cursor that I could move...

Hmmm... The only other thing I can sugggest is to make sure the cards are seated properly. Also make sure your SLI card connecter is inserted into the cards fully.

No they don’t! The new drivers allow to run different BIOS’s even different manufacturers in SLI! Now to the problem with the monitor plug in the top or bottom card! It doesn’t really matter which one! It should run the same in each one. Yes, I heard of things like the screen not working when plugged into the top card but recording to Nvidia it doesn’t matter! It worked on my SLI with both cards and I think most of the SLI users will confirm that! Now to your SLI problem! I would uninstall all drivers and unplug the power supply connectors from both cards! Than I would boot up and install the drivers. It could be PSU related and you can enable SLI without the power connected to the cards because the extra juice is only needed in 3D mode. :shake:

Ok tried removing the power connectors from both cards booted into windows...low power caused the gpu to slow down to a snails pace...loaded drivers and applied the sli with the same results...disabled the bios settings and rebooted to windows where it told me sli had been disabled and the system had recoverd from a serious error...

No I have not the cards are liquid cooled and draining and refilling the system takes all day as a last resort I will tear it down and try that but no easy way to switch them...

You may have to try switching them just to see if your second card is working properly. Also as a last resort you may want to update your BIOS. I have read of people having problems in SLI with 12/10/2005 BIOS.

I have just flashed to 6/4/06 BIOS today, every thing seems to be working fine so far. I wanted to see if it would help with some random lockups I have been having lately with BF2, though alot of people seem to be having this problem requardless of BIOS or system setup.

I have considered flashing but I have not had any problems with my corsair memory hate to open another canoworms before resolving this problem...the card was to be three weeks old from zipzoom and had not yet been registered... I might be able to RMA it..

I have considered flashing but I have not had any problems with my corsair memory hate to open another canoworms before resolving this problem...the card was to be three weeks old from zipzoom and had not yet been registered... I might be able to RMA it..

If you dont want to upgrade to the new BIOS, try reflashing with your current BIOS.

Also has anyone else wondered whether or not components like mother boards and video cards can get damaged by X-Ray machiences when they are going through postage warehouses security checks ? :confused: