Quick question

I was trying to run 2 instances of prime95 for my dual core

bump7yi.th.jpg

whats that supposed to mean.

Secondly, my temps seem preety high, its hitting as follows:

CPU - 52C

PWM IC - 77C

CHIPSET - 52C

Which I believe is preety high, any clues whats going on.

cpuz2to.th.jpg thats my OC.

Thanks

miggs78,

You failed prime. Are those temps Idle or Load? Get your temps down. Cooling, cooling and cooling! Open the case up and try getting some more air (I'm assuming) across the Pulse-width modulation integrated circuit (PWMIC).

More volts will get you stable BUT do not raise the volts untill you get your temp under control. Check this Temps Too High? for some answers to tour temps.

Hope this help you get pointed in the right direction.

tasr :)

PWM IC - 77C :eek2:

Mine dont go over 35 dec under load, though I do have a fan over it.

Hehe, at 2.5 ghz and just 1.4v those 35º are actually warm :rolleyes:

Anyway tasr and Magel are right and you need to lower the temperatures: with 77º C PWM your case temperature must be really hot, try increasing ventilation and/or make it more efficient. At 2.75 ghz and a lot of volts (1.58v, bad Opty 175 :( ) my PWM temperature reach 48º C under full load.

PWM IC - 77C :eek2:

Mine dont go over 35 dec under load, though I do have a fan over it.

hey can you get me a pic of that plz, like to see how you got it done.

I do have a big gigabyte case, but to tell you da truth, its the worse aluminium case i've seen, no gonna suggest to anybody.

miggs78,

You failed prime. Are those temps Idle or Load? Get your temps down. Cooling, cooling and cooling! Open the case up and try getting some more air (I'm assuming) across the Pulse-width modulation integrated circuit (PWMIC).

More volts will get you stable BUT do not raise the volts untill you get your temp under control. Check this Temps Too High? for some answers to tour temps.

Hope this help you get pointed in the right direction.

tasr :)

Thanks a nice guide, but I see no pics there, is that post too old, it looks like the pics are all gone. I would like to see something like that, but without actual pics, I dunno.

Thanks a nice guide, but I see no pics there, is that post too old, it looks like the pics are all gone. I would like to see something like that, but without actual pics, I dunno.

Aim a fan in the general area of your main power inputs on the motherboard. Basically if you get air moving across all the aluminum heatsinks in that area, you've got her. ;)

Aim a fan in the general area of your main power inputs on the motherboard. Basically if you get air moving across all the aluminum heatsinks in that area, you've got her. ;)

I get that, just a nice pic of ursm how you put that fan.

Thanks