PASSWORD? What password?!

Oh god I've done it now. I was doing my first overclock yesterday and today and I was able to finally boot to windows but I wanted to loosen up the timings from stock (2.5-3-2-5) to perhaps be able to get my ram to run a little faster than DDR 416. I, to the best of my knowledge, loosened up the timings to 2-3-3-8 and before this change, I had attempted to save this thing in CMOS Reloaded.

Please note that I saved to CMOS reloaded BEFORE loosening up these timings. Ok so my computer wouldn't get past POST and so I decided to change them back and get some more advice on here and so I went to my BIOS and what do i discover but a PASSWORD PROMPT. I have never set a password for the BIOS, so obviously I don't know the password. Pressing enter doesn't work. The only thing I can imagine is that this CMOS reloaded crap must have set a password or something?

What do I do guys? I now must choose between an endless POST loop or being locked out of my own BIOS, this is bad. What on earth have I done?!

You say that you saved your 1st settings in reloaded 1st slot? reboot and press keyboard button 1 or is it F1. this will load your saved settings, don't know about the password prob. try clear cmos?

Nobody friggn uses my ram! Do you happen to know how the 2-3-3-8 translates to the terms used in the BIOS? I have in my notes that its CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS but I really need to be sure. Also, to loosen up the times, are those the only numbers I should have to change?

You can also check OCZ's web site for settings, and I think there is a OCZ tech here as a member, I think his name is OCZrider?(check in the members list)He will be able to help you.

I actually found some posts that talk about the limits of this module and it seems with 1:1 it will max out at 229fsb. I have these settings and relaxed timings but this is the most frustrating thing. It getsstuck at Backup CMOS.... OK in the POST. What does this mean usually?

Guest GripS

If those use TCCD like mine do you need to loosen up the timings quite a bit to get your ram to clock higher. I can get these L2 V2's stable at 520mhz with 2.5-4-4-8 timings.

Clearing the CMOS should take care of the password issue.

I just gave up and reset CMOS lol. Boy my motherboard really seems to hate my ram though. I can almost always boot at RAM speeds close to stock (DDR400) if all timings (except for CPC) are set to auto. This makes my times 2.5-3-2-5. In fact, interestingly enough, manually changing from auto to those exact timings results in an inability to boot, which sure does suck. Oh well I'm running pretty stable right now it seems and I'm fairly happy with the overclock, but I would like to know whats up with that.

well my mistake was not reading the fine print when purchasing the sticks from newegg..i wanted rev2 sticks...i know a few other people that made the same mistake

i am building a water cooled 3800X2 system and i'll concentrate my efforts on OCing that one instead