NF4-Ultra D Slow shutdown

RLM

Mod: Sorry too many windows open, can you please move this to the right forum nforce4. oops

Am just doing an install of xp32 and 64. One of the reasons for this was that the shutdown was incredibly slow.

Well fresh install and same problem. Not sure from memory (mine that is, not comp) whether this slowdown has come about since I've moved from the expert to ultra-d.

I know there are quite a few other threads on this matter. Just wondered if anyone has since found a solution. :)

Thanks ahead.

RLM

Still in the wrong forum:

Update: msconfig, cleared all but microsoft system processes. It's a fresh install so there wasn't much to clear.

Removed the ide and floppy connection from motherboard.

Reflashed bios 2005-11-14

Removed one stick of ram.

Removed all usb, but keyboard and mouse. (Haven't installed drivers for these yet)

Removed internet/lan cable.

Checked rhe registry. Can't remember the exact name but virtual mem backup was already set to 0/disabled.

Rant on

Still a slow shutdown. Never in all my years of installing fresh installs have I come across this. I'm starting to believe it's a hardware/motherboard issue. It's certainly a waste of my time. Had I known that I would of still had slow shutdowns, I would skipped the fresh OS install and just done some work instead.

Rant off

One sympton is that during shutdown the memory leds (corsair) seems to be very busy.

Any help, or confirmation of an Ultra-D trait would be greatly appreciated. If it is an Ultra-D trait, then I can stop arsing about, and learn to live with it.

RLM

No Confused, don't seem to have that problem. Mouse moves about just fine. I haven't installed logitech drivers yet, trying to keep things simple, while I try and figure this out.

Cheers for the feedback :)

Should really delete this thread, as have started a new one in nforce4.

RLM