Sempron 64 754 socket

My DFI K8M800-MLVF mb sees my Sempron 64 2800 + as a unrecognized processor. Does, or can this mb, recognize the sempron 64 chip?

Are you running the latest bios? I believe the initial release of the board came before the 90 nanometer CPU's so if you are running the original bios it will not recognise the Sempron.

• 2 weeks later...

the K8M800-MLV and MLVF recognize 90nm Sempron cpu's correctly with the latest official bios

after flashing to the latest bios, please LOAD OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS, save & exit, and reboot, and it should show correctly.

If not, please post back.

I have updated the bios multiple times. After updating, the bios message on startup says "AMD hammer family processor - model unknown". If I check with apps like cpu-z or amd cpuinfo, I get the same unknown processor message but they do recognize the 64 support. If I run " everest home edition " app, it recognizes it as a sempron 2800 + and as a venice type chip which it is. It appears that the chip is recognized as being in the 64 family of processors, but does not identify itself as such. Probably I will not know if it is working as having 64 bit extensions until I have a 64 bit app to run.

The updating bios software has one create a bootable disk and then use that to restart the computer. On the restart, the bios is flashed, and says to remove floppy and press F1. When I do this, my computer ignores the F1 request so I press del on startup and " load optimized defaults". The only bios update I am doing is the one that added support for revision "E" CPU. This is bios update 8M80D315.exe. Any additional suggestions would be appreciated.

When I get done flashing my bios I just shut the rig down instead of F1. Then I clear the CMOS for 5 minutes and then boot up and load optimised defualts. This will clear any of the residual timings and coding from the previous bios. Worth a shot to flash again and try it this way.

I followed the suggestion to flash the bios, turn off the computer, clear the cmos for 5 minutes, bootup and load optimised defaults. This did not fix the bios start up screen which still says " amd hammer family processor - model unknown".

• 1 month later...