Venus bios: 2 Questions...

#1- Is the Venus bios a new bios altogether, or is it the same 12/7 bios from the ordinary expert board?

#2- If it is a new bios, then is it compatible with non-venus expert? If so, could someone possibly post the bios for flashing?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1- Is the Venus bios a new bios altogether, or is it the same 12/7 bios from the ordinary expert board?

#2- If it is a new bios, then is it compatible with non-venus expert? If so, could someone possibly post the bios for flashing?

Considering the board just became available all of one day ago I think you might want to just assume that its different for the time being.

Considering the board just became available all of one day ago I think you might want to just assume that its different for the time being.

LOL!! I would, but I don't like to assume anything really. I know the board only became available yesterday, but here's the thing. The only difference between the 2 (that I've been able to discern from reading everything I can find)are the better quality caps, so I would think that they should be compatible since its essentially the same board with a cap mod. I've heard some talk about something to do with the RAM slots as well, but nothing confirmed. I was just wondering if someone might be able to see if there is, in fact, a different bios and to find out if it is, in fact, compatible with the current expert mobos. I think that everyone that has an expert is really quite bios hungry as there are very few to choose from and a number of people have spoken of problems with their expert/RAM/bios/overclocking/temps/stability. I would love to beta drive the new Venus bios on my expert and see what happens so I can maybe give a review of the new bios for the current expert board owners.

Sorry if I was a little sharp...I've been awake for some time and have been drinking for most of it...

Anywho yeah as far as I can tell the board is exactly as you say, but I'm gonna wait a bit to try out said bios I think....not worth breaking something I guess.

Sorry if I was a little sharp...I've been awake for some time and have been drinking for most of it...

Anywho yeah as far as I can tell the board is exactly as you say, but I'm gonna wait a bit to try out said bios I think....not worth breaking something I guess.

Its all good man... I like to drink as well when I have the chance. :nod: I don't think its worth breaking anything either, that is why I made this post to find out if there is a new bios and if it will be compatible. :P

Ok, I solved part one... it is indeed a new bios!! Its dated 1/17/06. Now if we can just find out about compatibility...

Cool, now put it on your Expert and see if it fries.... :nod:

Or not...

Does not work in the expert according to the fols over @ XS...I haven't seen an "official" statement here that I can remember (again...beer) :P

Does not work in the expert according to the fols over @ XS...I haven't seen an "official" statement here that I can remember (again...beer) :P

It really doesn't make any sense that the venus bios wouldn't work in the Expert because the venus IS an expert. I wonder if anyone from the XS forum has actually TRIED flashing the venus bios to an expert board. This is highly unlikely since it just came out and the bios isn't posted for download anywhere. The only way to truly find out if the bios is compatible is to test it out. I might believe that a DFI engineer or someone like AG may have flashed the venus bios to the expert, but not some guy over at XS...