X1900XTX - Cannot progress boot further that DFI Logo

Hi,

On the virge of bloody tears here.

I have finally got to the point where all but 1 LED goes out on my motherboard.

I see the DFI RDX200 logo appear on my monitor in 'monochrome' (slight color) but it just sits there and does not progress. I can ctl-alt-delete and it reboots. Pressing the delete key (or any key for that matter) gives a slight clicking noise but nothing else.

I've tried to move the video card to the other PCI-e but then I don't even get the monochrome display.

I believe there is a flash upgrade for the BIOS which I have not done. Revision is RA03.

I'm using a dell 24" LCD with DVI and I'm ready to put my fist through the F%$£ wall.

What slots are your memory modules located in? Try using 2 and 4 if they are not located there already.

Also people have not said great things about Aspire PSU...I am not sayin that it is the Problem as the BIOS version that is on that mobo is probably a pre 12/23/05 version which is always bad news.

Exactly the same.

The 4 LEDs 'count' down to 1 > short system beep > then they all light up and count down to 1 again > another beep > keyboard lights flicker > logo appears - then nothing (Motherboard has 1 LED lit up - monochrome display on Monitor)

I'd be inclined to agree with you about the power if the box wasn't coming up at all or if I saw nothing on the monitor, but it's as though the board does't like the X1900XTX - which I'm almost certain came out after the BIOS release. But perhaps 550W isn't going to cut it.

Perhaps I should try another video card, if it works, upgrade the BIOS and then try the X1900XTX again. Did you have your XTX working before upgrading the BIOS?

I had/have this problem with my 1800XT card. Dose exactly what yours dose, even after moving arround, flashing to latest bios and mucking around with bios settings. Sent it for an RMA and they found that the card intermitently fails to start/initialize and they are getting a new card for me.

Exactly the same.

Perhaps I should try another video card, if it works, upgrade the BIOS and then try the X1900XTX again. Did you have your XTX working before upgrading the BIOS?

Yes I had my gfx card in there before bios upgrade...I had no problems there what so ever.