Favorite Movie Quote(s) Thread

Cythrawl

"The candle that burns twice as bright burns twice as quickly"

BladeRunner

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the *flip* do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.

[whips out sleeve gun]

Taxi Driver

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The candle that burns twice as bright burns twice as quickly"

BladeRunner

Dont you mean:

Tyrell: The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long and you have burned so very, very brightly Roy. Look at you, you're the prodigal son, you're quite a prize.

Sorry Bladerunner is one of my all time favorites, I just had to correct that. . heheh :)

The Thing:

Clark: I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is.

Aliens:

Apone: All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the corp!!

and of course the classic,

Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?

Vasquez: No, have you?

Guest Dynamic

Movie: Predator

Scene: When Arnold suddenly throws a knife right into a bad guys stomach and is held against the pole and arnold says..."STICK AROUND". hahahahaha

Guest Dynamic

Brokeback Mountain.....

"OH JACK OH JACK, HARDER HARDER, NO SOFT.......JACK.......UHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

HAHAHHAHAHAHA that $h^& is funny as hell, i made it up, MUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.....

Guest Joalaielna
Brokeback Mountain.....

"OH JACK OH JACK, HARDER HARDER, NO SOFT.......JACK.......UHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

HAHAHHAHAHAHA that $h^& is funny as hell, i made it up, MUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.....

:(

Aye, I knew I shouldn't trust some googled quote....Good Catch Cytraw and yea, that version is more like I remember the quote. *(Alas, It has been to long since I have had a copy of bladerunner.)

I Saw this one and it inspired me to post this here. Couldn't place the char (actor), as the movie is not yet releasesd and I didnt see the credits,.

"Nah Man, It Ain't Miller Time"

16- blocks *(mar 3 06 rel date})

Still a Durn good quote IMHO.

And onwards to a GREAT movie

Verbal: "Who is Keyser Soze? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114814/

Spaceys best role and some truely memorable banter.

*(if you never seen it pay attention as the last 30 seconds change the entire dynamics of what you perceive to have seen.)

And thus it fulfillls the willing suspension of disbelief pour moi.

And onwards to a GREAT movie

Verbal: "Who is Keyser Soze? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114814/

Spaceys best role and some truely memorable banter.

*(if you never seen it pay attention as the last 30 seconds change the entire dynamics of what you perceive to have seen.)

And thus it fulfillls the willing suspension of disbelief pour moi.

Thats not Spacey's best role... but its close, so does this other one:

John Doe: Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention.

From Seven, which ironically is spelled Se7en.

Spacey is just a great actor... any kind of movie he is in, its going to be great, and its going to have a great performance from him. Just my humble opinion :)

Btw, those last 30 seconds you are refering to are when Chazz Palminteri's character try to reach Keyser Soze, unsuccesfully since he loose him in the crowd, once he understood he was Roger... and when the guy with the limp starts walking normally? Yikes indeed!