bios 12/07/05 not working properly

Hey, hows it going. Nice to see a forum like this, actually it's great. Now where do I start? These are not critical issues btw.

Currently using bios 11/02/2005, if I install 12/07/2005 bios, I can't use the orange mem slots(long beep), lose all memory stability at oc speeds, and can't get into windows. The original bios works well, so maybe I don't need to update, but I am wondering why this would happen. The beta version of 12/07/2005 lets me in windows but I would have to loosen ram timings to get ram stable at 250. This would suck because its at 265(not completely stability tested, 1 pass of all memtests' tests) @ settings below(cpu at auto and 250 divider selected) w/ original bios. This happened with 2 expert boards in two days(exchanged)

Why does the floppy drive work when it is sitting on my desk beside my pc, but not while installed in my case? Worked fine with my asus a8n sli prem.

ram4gk.th.jpg

Also, 2 quick ram questions;

Drive strength set at 8 in bios, and it says weak w/ a64 tweaker, is that right?(DRAM data drive strength @ level4)

DQS skew mode set to increase in bios and it says slower, is that right, or is a64 tweaker funked?

Any help or advice is always greatly appreciated.

Hey, hows it going. Nice to see a forum like this, actually it's great. Now where do I start? These are not critical issues btw.

Currently using bios 11/02/2005, if I install 12/07/2005 bios, I can't use the orange mem slots(long beep), lose all memory stability at oc speeds, and can't get into windows. The original bios works well, so maybe I don't need to update, but I am wondering why this would happen. The beta version of 12/07/2005 lets me in windows but I would have to loosen ram timings to get ram stable at 250. This would suck because its at 265(not completely stability tested, 1 pass of all memtests' tests) @ settings below(cpu at auto and 250 divider selected) w/ original bios. This happened with 2 expert boards in two days(exchanged)

Why does the floppy drive work when it is sitting on my desk beside my pc, but not while installed in my case? Worked fine with my asus a8n sli prem.

ram4gk.th.jpg

Also, 2 quick ram questions;

Drive strength set at 8 in bios, and it says weak w/ a64 tweaker, is that right?(DRAM data drive strength @ level4)

DQS skew mode set to increase in bios and it says slower, is that right, or is a64 tweaker funked?

Any help or advice is always greatly appreciated.

Me too, i have some problem to get completely stable my Ballistix @ anything above 250 Mhz...

Aside that, my system @ my stable ram settings run perfectly and rock solid (the Expert seems absolutely fine) but i need a divider to get high overclock---> my only problem with the Expert is memory related

I have the 12-07-2005 Bios AND 175 UPMW 0550: my best setting at the moment for my DRAM is 7 Drive & 4 Data Strength...

Of course 8 is NORMAL not Weak!

I think maybe something is wrong with the peculiar combo 12/7 BIOS & Expert & 0550 UPMW, since in other forum (like ExtremeSystem and many italian forum) people have trouble with ram like you/me

In some case this will restrain the OC as well

The Data set to 4 helped me a lot to get more stability...

By the way (and that seems odd to me) my Ballistix works even with 8/3 Drive/Data (that is a NORMAL setting) ---> not much stable but BETTER than others Weak settings and BETTER than let Drive/Data on AUTO ---> definitely i advise you do NOT leave these settings to Auto, at least with 12-07-2005 BIOS

PS.: My ram works A LOT BETTER with Idle Cycle @ 256... 16 is TOTALLY UNSTABLE FOR ME (maybe related to Ballistix, but not sure since MOST people with my ram get impressive speed & stability with 16 Idle Cycle BUT NOT WITH EXPERT mobo)

I have noticed also that my A64 Tweaker, like your, show that Mem Clk 2/3 are DISABLE ---> people with different mobo (or BIOS?) have all four Mem Clk ENABLED! Perhaps not important, but I would want to know...

Yeah I also noted that a64tweaker does not correspond to expert bios settings.

Setting drive strenght to 8 would show up weak when using 25/11/05 bios, but shows up normal on the 7/12/05 one.

Increase and decrease skew show the wrong way around.

MemClk0 is enabled when using the yellow slots, MemClc1 is also enabled when using the orange slots, on other boards they where enabled all four?

tref mismatches also occur, a64tweaker showing different values than f.e. everest or memtest+ or rmma...

edit:

mixedup memclc nr's corrected

MemClk1 is enabled when using the yellow slots, MemClc2 is also enabled when using the orange slots, on other boards they where enabled all four? ...

YES i have seen dozens of A64 Tweaker's pictures and ALL 4 MemClk were always ENABLED

Just people with Expert AND 12/07/2005 BIOS have MemClk 2/3 DISABLE...i don't know if a different BIOS on Expert can change this since i haven't seen so far a settings picture (from A64 Tweaker) from an Expert's user with different BIOS

And yes, i use Orange slots too as the great majority of Expert's users, i think

YES i have seen dozens of A64 Tweaker's pictures and ALL 4 MemClk were always ENABLED

Just people with Expert AND 12/07/2005 BIOS have MemClk 2/3 DISABLE...i don't know if a different BIOS on Expert can change this since i haven't seen so far a settings picture (from A64 Tweaker) from an Expert's user with different BIOS

And yes, i use Orange slots too as the great majority of Expert's users, i think

yeps my a8n-e had all 4 enabled, so did others I've had my paws on...

mine shows just memclock0 enabled, but I'm using the yellow slots w. my mushkin bh5 classics...

when using tccd's in the orange slots, two memclocks show up as enabled in a64 tweaker

the memclk settings don't change per bios version, but the drivestrenght does, in 2005/11/02 NF4EDB02 any value set in bios will show up as weak in a64tweaker/everest. In the newer one at least a value of 8 will show up as normal drive strenght.