Installing winXP on RAID array

So I set up a striping setup in NVIDIA raid bios, and it shows up as healthy and working when I start my computer. However, in winXP windows sees both partitions(on the same id0 drive0 device0) as seperate drives, is this normal? It seems to be properly loading the nvidia drivers from the disk as far as I can tell. I just bought a brand new floppy for it=p

what should it look like and what do I have to do to format it to setup windows on a raid 0 setup(striping without mirror is raid0.. right? :P)

Just a quick check, are you following this guide?

http://www.angrygames.com/nf4raid-1.htm

Are you using the RAID disk that came with your motherboard or did you make your own?

Also do you have windows installed on another drive and you can see two seperate drives within windows or do you mean the windows installer show two seperate drives?

Edit: yeah striping is RAID 0, mirror is RAID 1, stripe mirroring is 0+1

You linked to this thread =P ill look for the guide. Using the disk that came with the board. Using slots 1n2 for raid 0. Windows installer sees 2 drives, have no other drives but the 2sata on the system right now. Would like to keep cable clutter to a minimum so eventually id just like a big 4xbarracuda raid array

Okay, Im retarted ;)

Apparently, my USB keyboard was off, but it works once you get to "Setup is starting windows", and since it would hit the disk and load a certain nforce driver at about the same time, i didnt think anythin gof it and assumed it was working normally.

I enabled it and am reformatting on my raid setup now. Suprisingly the partition i formatted previously was in the raid just fine, just using half the available space. reformatting now and all is well :)

DSCF0007.JPG

It was like christmas in jul.... err february!