Another New DFI Build ( Advice )

To start off, this will be my first experience with a DFI board. Looking for advises on memory settings in the bios which works well with the OCZ memory below.

Any other pointers you could give me would be welcomed. My main intent is to keep everything running at stock speeds and have a rock solid system.

I have no plans on overclocking any components. I am hoping this build will last 4 to 5 years like my last build :D .......

:nod: New System will be Assembling 2-11-06

DFI LanpartyUT nF4 Ultra-D

AMD Opteron 150 Venus Socket 939

OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR 400 Platinum ( OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K )

eVGA Geforce 7800GT 256MB PCI Express x16 ( 256-P2-N517-AX )

Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10,000 RPM ( WD1500ADFD )

Plextor IDE DVD Burner ( PX-712A )

SoundBlaster Audigy ( OEM )

3Com PCI ADSL Modem ( 3CP3617B )

Enermax Liberty ATX12V 500W ( ELT500AWT )

P.S.

If anyone would like to have a NEW in the box 3Com PCI ADSL Modem ( 3CP3617B ) I have 6 for sale. Will sale for cheap.

lloks like a great rig.

since you wont be oc'ing you can look in the stock settings data base for people for a rig similar to you.

last 4 or 5 years....no prob....it will be waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy outdated by than.....heck, it will be outdated by this time next year!!!! :nod:

I would go with an Opteron 165 since it is dual core. You said you wanted it to last you a while.

Mem looks good.

Video card is a good choice.

Go for the Plextor PX-716SA SATA Burner. Might as well do away with everything PATA.

I personally would go with 2x74GB Raptors RAID 0 rather than one of the new 150GBs. Same price, better performance. On the other hand, the new Raptors are cool looking.

Power supply will work fine. It has 44Amps total on the split 12v rails which good. I tested one of these for a while and it did everything it was supposed to do without any problems. I just didn't like the cable layout.

Oh and get an Apple Cinema Display. I just sit there and stare at mine for hours. The picture is beautiful.

There are a few components that I will be keeping from my older AMD XP1800 System, Like the Plextor DVD burner, SoundBlaster Audigy card & the 3Com PCI ADSL Modem. Nothing wrong with any of it.......just can't justify buying a new burner and sound card that I wont be able to tell much of a difference in quality or speed. It is tempting to go with the sata Plextor but I will wait for the HD burner.

As for the memory setting I will have to find that database you spoke of icon57

Yea OC ummmmm Its like driving a Vette, If you run it hard enough sooner or later its going to BREAK.......lol

O Yea..........Dual Cores...........sounds tastie............But how about show me some FPS Games that are multi threaded?

Yea we know Quake is........but thats it.

I will be giving the PC I will be building next week to my wife in about 2 years......Than I will be jumping on that Crazy Dual Core Train w/DDR-3.........Muhahahahah