Just got DFI Ultra B, can't make any changes in BIOS w/o corruption

Guest Darien_merged

NO Doubt the DFi "Sistas" trounce any of the other NF2 compition that was out there, glad to see you got your trouble kinda on the right road now,,,,,,keep pushing it man till it blows, hehehehehehe, outa here.......................;)

hehe.. yeah.. I think I'm getting some sata corruption in windows... I remember hearing that was common... so I'm running it off of an IDE drive until I get settled in a little.

I backed it down to 250FSB and let it prime95 over night... still stable this morning... so I'm gonna wait another 30 min, run 3dmark01 and just snap a screenie so I can get a toaster... hehehe... even though it will obviously go higher... I don't mind just starting right off the bat at 250+.... only problem is I'm using like a 10 year old pci card that I use to test stuff out... I'm not even sure it can run 3dmark01 lol.....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody in the know want to recommend the best BIOS for me...

I'm looking for the highest FSB possible with stable SATA Raid... well actually... just a single SATA drive... and can anyone point me to a good guide that explains all of the settings in the BIOS and how to best configure it for high FSB....

drive strength, agressive cpu interface, alpha timings, BIOS recovery.... all of this stuff is foriegn to me coming from and Abit NF2 platform...

thx again for all the help

Guest harlam357
luck of the draw... Harlam357's AN7 does 250... but much better chance with DFI or nf7-s to get or beat 250... I still love the AN7... I just pushed it as far as It could go... time for a new adventure...

Don't say my name... I'll come out of the woodwork on ya! :shake: Nice stuff Darien! Didn't know you put that new chip on a LanParty too! :D

Don't say my name... I'll come out of the woodwork on ya! :shake: Nice stuff Darien! Didn't know you put that new chip on a LanParty too! :D

heh.. I haven't shown anyone around here the chip yet... guess I should post a screenie =)

IQYHA 0352 RPMW XP-M 2600+

socket A - ON AIR!!!

a>

BARTON POWER!!!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=3668&stc=1

boo-yah!!!

227 x 12 = 2724 MHz 1.968 vCore stable for benchies... prime95'n it right now

cpu-z 2729.3 MHz

MBM5 2731 MHz

Nice OC there.

Looser timings though?

I'd have thought you might get a bit

quicker run of SuperPI.

The times sucked.. that's true.. I think it's because I was using an old IDE HD to boot into windows that was shot... I'm back to my main SATA HD again... but the fact that it's stable enough to bench well above 2.7GHz is the cool part. :D