Noob oc'in

boris_37

okay i started overclocking;set my ram to 133-2/3 and started cranking up my FSB.... now i noticed my volts jumping in cpu-z and its almost hitting my 1.4v max.

Thing im confused about... how do i change my cpu volts?

I would change it directly but its grayed out and everything is on auto so i don't trust myself enough to change all the stuff... so if anyone could tell me it'd help.

Also im at multiplier 9x... and is it maxed at that? If not what is it maxed at and how would i change it, once again i don't trust myself enough in the bios as stuff is labeled weird, for me anyways.

My bios is flashed to the most recent and i've already gone slightly over 200mhz with not a 1C change in idle temps(i doubt load would differ much either, perhaps raise 5C off stock as i have an xp-120)

well i have a mobile and the multi is set at 9, i can go lower but not higher. as for the volts did u scroll down in the bios, just past where it shows u the voltage there is an adjustment, your looking for these 2 settings

1) CPU VID Control

2) CPU VID Special Control

hope this helps you!

The max multiplier of your CPU is 9.

To adjust CPU voltage. Under Genie bios scroll down the page and find CPU VID control. That is your voltage control. Right under it is the VID special, this adds a percentage to the CPU VID. Example: 1.5 X 110% = 1.65. Just multiply the VID times the special to determine the voltage you will be setting.