Installing A New Mobo Questions

Now i'm the little topic starter ain't i lol. I've got a few mobo questions:

1. When you install a new mobo, could i just take my hds from another computer (the hd has windows installed on it), and just put it into the other comp and run windows straight like that, or would i have to do a clean install?

2. How hard is it to install a mobo?

3. If i put in one mobo, and decide to switch it later, is it hard to switch?

Those are a few little questions i have (i'm too sleepy to think of the others). Thanks all for your support!

Anytime you put in a new motherboard you have to set up the drive for that computer. Changing boards is pretty easy and fairly quick. The more times you do it the quicker you get. :D

You know.. It is possible just to transfer the HDs...

But Like Bosco said, unless you want to deal with some errors.. and reinstalling some hardware..

I would just format ur HD install it.. and then install a fresh OS on it..

No problems then..

well it is microsoft.. so maybe a few :P

I just finished doing this, like 2 days ago. The AMD lit suggested to start from scratch. Which I did. I actually formated my old drive in the old computer - put it the new one blank and went from there. For first boot up - have the bare minimum installed. 1 HD, memory, vid card, floppy. Then add new hardware one at a time, checking for IRQ conflicts between each one. Takes a little more time - but you get flawless installs. Good luck

Crap... Its going to take me forever to get even my 13gb hd cleared.... Ok... what about this:

I do a clean install of the OS on my 13 gb and then plug in my two 60 gigs with all the info (basically i format my 13 gb, then plug in my 2 60's and then install windows). I do that all the time with this gateway, and it works ok. I've never tried it with a new mobo so i was just wondering if that's possible

It depends on how picky the system is gonna be. Formatting a drive only takes about 15mins max. This is what you do install the drive that your gonna use as your main harddrive, then add the rest off the drives. Boot the computer tell it where to put the operating system and away ya go. Once the operating system is in it might read your other drives it might not. If it doesn't then you will need to format them aswell. :D

What I do is...on old pc, uninstall stuff like cpu, networkcard, soundcard....anything that will be different in new pc...do this in device manager...clear cmos on new pc. Then switch to new pc and OS will detect and install new cpu, cards, etc. I have done this several times with no problems.