New RAPTOR 150 RAID 0 Major Problem... Need assistance

Did you use the Raid disk that came with your mobo or make anew one out of the latest drivers?

I think the latter may fix your problem.

Like I said I tried 4 different raid drivers. The latest, those that were on cd that came with dfi and 2 older versions and they all did the same problem. I also tried the latest.

Mcklain

Ok heres the thing.

When I get home tonight I will jus try to install windows with the raptors 150gb in raid 0 but using the silicon 3114 on my board instead of the nf4.

If windows installs this means one thing. Nvidia need to update either there drivers or the raid bios.

LMK what you guys think

Mcklain

Same problem here,

My brother just bought a DFI lanparty UT nf4 ultra-D. CPU 3800x2 with 6800gt video card, 2x WD 80gb 7200 to put in raid 0. Everything work fine ine the bios for the raid setup, at the boot screen i see my 160gb array. Boot on my Windows XP pro SP2, press f6, and the prompt, i install the raid nvidia driver, both of them from the floppy that come with the MB. The drivers install properly, after that windows continue to load several driver, and when it come the step to prss enter, screen goes dark with a flashing underscore, and nothing happen.

I tried different drivers, always the same thing. Im using the D-version so i dont have the silicon chip on my MB.

Im very confused right now, its not my first time for raid setup, even on gaming nachine or server, but first time with problem. Any key?

Thank you.

P.S;sorry for my english, im french.

Hi guys!!

Well problem solved!!! And you wont beleive what the problem was. I, myself cant figure really why it caused a conflict.

My USB external DVD drive was the problem!!!

How was I able to determined that it was the piece that was making my pc BSOD??

Well first of all I have 2 pc's. My game-station wich is on a DFI Sli Dr board and this pc doesnt have any ide optical drive connected to it. Only an external dvd usb drive is connect to it. My server is mounted on a Asus a8n-sli dx motherboard and that pc has 2 optical drive connected directly on the mobo.

So yesterday when I came back from work I had in mind to disconnect my 2 raptors 150 and try them in my server on the same NF4 controller as in my DFI except on a Asus board to see if it would do a BSOD. Well it didnt do any BSOD and complete the installation. So the only different part I used to install my raptors in raid successfully on my server was the board wich was an Asus, but had the same NF4 controller and version and of course I used 1 of the optical drives my server had (not usb).

At first I didnt believe that my usb dvd external drive could the source of all my problem. I mean I did install my raptors 74g in raid 0 last night several times with that usb drive and never encountered any BSOD.

So there you have it guys another weird pc problem. Anyways thanks for all youre ideas and sorry to have wasted youre time.

BTW now everything works well when installing windows on my DFI board using a ide optical drive!!

Mcklain

• 2 months later...