Dvd Issues

R3aper

i tried to watch batman begins, the best movie ever and there is no sound. wtf. at first i thought it was the drive so i ran an audio CD and it worked great. then i tried watching napoleon dynamite. WTF. no sound. i dont have a dvd player except this one and i need it to play sound. any ideas? i was thinking something with the way WMP is comfigured maybe

i tried to watch batman begins, the best movie ever and there is no sound. wtf. at first i thought it was the drive so i ran an audio CD and it worked great. then i tried watching napoleon dynamite. WTF. no sound. i dont have a dvd player except this one and i need it to play sound. any ideas? i was thinking something with the way WMP is comfigured maybe
Sounds like a codec problem. Try downloading and installing either K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 1.47 or the latest non-Beta version of AC3 or the latest beta version of AC3. I'm using the K-Lite codec pack myself.

Hi,

I don´t think it is because of codecs...

What kind of DVD-Player-Software have you tried? Google for VideoLanClient, very good freeware player, no need for codecs or anything else (it can also play iso´s etc.).

Gipse

What kind of DVD-Player-Software have you tried?
I'm using PowerDVD 6.0.

What made me think it could be the codecs was that you wrote that you can listen to music CD's without any problems.

If I were you I would try the K-Lite. If it doesn't help, then just remove it again. You have nothing to loose by trying.